Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy vent visors and a bug deflector for my 2016 Rebel. I just about ordered AVS in channel ones but I was told they mess up the auto close for the power windows and end up being a real pain in the @ss! Has anyone installed the AVS ones and had problems? Do the Mopar in channel visors mess up the power windows?
Also, I really like the low profile look of the AVS bug deflector. Any pic's of it on the Rebel and any other brands you have tried and can recommend? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the AVS in channel visors. I did have an issue with one window hitting on the rear edge of the visor. With auto up it would hit, stop, and go back down. I just ground down the front and rear edge's so there was more of a taper. Works great now

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had the in channel ones on my Ram so long, I forget what brand they are. But mine did get in the way of the windows at the bottom front corners, so i had to trim some off on both sides - but that makes for a nice whistling noise when you are riding down the road with the radio turned down. I wish I could just take them all off but now I'm afraid that might mess something up where the visors are glued inside the window frame for so long that I just leave them as-is.

As for the bug deflectors - I've had them and hate them. For one, I think it messes up the look of the front of the truck. But I've also had issues where they mess with the air flow over the hood so much that the windshield wipers aren't able to function as well because of the lack of air pressure pushing on them. Don't they make a clear 3M tape that goes over painted surfaces to protect from bugs and chips? Don't know that I've seen that on the hood of a vehicle before - more on the surfaces behind the tires, etc., but seems like it would be an option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't they make a clear 3M tape that goes over painted surfaces to protect from bugs and chips? Don't know that I've seen that on the hood of a vehicle before - more on the surfaces behind the tires, etc., but seems like it would be an option.
Yes they do. I have seen it plenty of cars here in Houston. I have also seen it put on a few Jeeps to prevent pin stripping on trails.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rebel ray, try the weather tech vent visors, no problems there with the ones my friends have installed, so far.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't like bug deflectors. They tend to gather crap behind them and unless you can remove them easily they make it hard to clean and wax behind them, leading to degraded paint over time.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't like bug deflectors. They tend to gather crap behind them and unless you can remove them easily they make it hard to clean and wax behind them, leading to degraded paint over time.
Hard to clean is one thing but I found that putting a clear bra over it helps. At least then when the clear bra is hard to clean, you can replace it. But of course over time you'll be paying a reoccurring cost (and time if your doing the install). Might be a good idea to some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. This first hand experience and knowledge is what makes this site so valuable to us all!!
I will check into the Weather Tech ones as well as the dealer ones. I like the look of the bug deflectors but I do agree that
crap does get stuck behind them and the one I saw on a Rebel was so close to the paint that there's no way you can get your
hand in to clean there. So I think I'll check out some clear vinyl to protect from stone chips instead. I'll wait for warmer weather
until I put on whatever window visors I choose.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hard to clean is one thing but I found that putting a clear bra over it helps. At least then when the clear bra is hard to clean, you can replace it. But of course over time you'll be paying a reoccurring cost (and time if your doing the install). Might be a good idea to some.
I always thought bras were made to be removed. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts