Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be purchasing my 2016 Rebel this weekend, but I was wondering, Can you attach a winch to the factory front bumper or will I need to replace the whole front bumper?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'm sure eventually there will be a winch company that makes a kit for the Rebel on the factory bumper but as of right now, to my knowledge there isn't anything available. I have seen some guys fab up a winch mount behind the factory metal bumper on a regular Ram kind of like the Powerwagon though. I'm sure something could be fabbed up for behind our bumper in a similar fashion.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Best thing to do is probably to look at the pages the biggest companies run, their own website, social media pages, etc, and see what they're talking about and what they post, we could catch on to early developments ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Best thing to do is probably to look at the pages the biggest companies run, their own website, social media pages, etc, and see what they're talking about and what they post, we could catch on to early developments ;)
This is sage advice. I follow BDS, FabFours, etc. just to see what the trends are. The bigger manufactures tend to provide a lot of updates and are good about responding to email.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I want a hidden winch mounting plate as well. That gap in the skid plate that some have put a light bar in is the perfect place for a fairlead.

If something doesn't come around when I'm ready to add a winch I'll take the bumper off and see what can be fabbed up. It shouldn't be too hard to mount a plate across the frame rails with a tray and fairlead mounting point strong enough for a winch.

The Rebel is kind of like a baby Power Wagon. I think they didn't offer a winch as a factory option because of the weight. These trucks are already so heavy that it compromises their towing capacity. Add in the weight of a winch and you won't have enough left over for more than the driver.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, it's not nearly that bad.

Tow capacity is 10,800. Truck weighs 5,800 wet.

I do agree that MOPAR should offer a winch mount though. I'd love a clean OE type solution for pulling out those Ferds and Chebbys.

·
Registered
680 Posts
At this point, you're going to have to replace the bumper but maybe some aftermarket company will come out with a hidden one.
Heard AEv is good so maybe ask them if they plan to release one for the Rebel.
Addictive desert designs has a stealth R winch front bumper but it's pretty ugly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have added a winch behind the bumper. It's mounted between the d ring frame mounting points. I purchased a mounting plate and had it modified as well as mounting points to attach it too. I would post pictures but not sure how to do that here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts