Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was always interested in knowing the exact reasons why people bought the Rebel and figured this thread would be great for it, especially since this is a unique truck. Although some reasons are clear as day through the interactions we have with each other here day in and day out, its always better to have in one place.

Plus this might help others discover why they might want to buy the Rebel and join us :D

WHY The Rebel??

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a 2014 Durango RT, luckily my sister bough it off me and I can still go see her whenever I want. I never had a pickup before and my kids were old enough between sports and my obsession with my other home (Home Depot) I knew it was time to look for a PU. From the first time I saw it, I just knew, THIS IS THE ONE. I have been a Dodge guy for a few years and couldn't see walking away, not to mention a Hemi guy too. I didn't see anything else that compared to the Rebel and it didn't wanted JUST a pickup but a truck that when I walk outside I get that grin when I see her, just like I did with my Durango. Love my Rebel!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Never heard of it until I was driving past a dealer in late 2015... 14 days later I was signing papers. Why? Overall all package, the different stance, grille, paint and interior sold me in seconds.

Never looked back and enjoy every second in it.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I waited for quite some time for this truck to be released. By the time it was released, I had already waited for around a year. For me, the front end of the truck and overall aggressiveness is what made it for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me, the front end of the truck and overall stance & lines caught my eye. I had been looking for a new truck for about a year and this one just stood out to us.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have a '96 Ram short bed regular cab that I was "just thinking" about replacing for the past couple of years. My son told me about the Rebel during the summer of '15 - looked nice. Fast forward to August of this year. My son was in the market for a truck and found one on the lot in Hyannis Ma. I was going to be off island and he asked me to check it out. Went took pictures of the silver one he wanted and noted two red ones on the lot too. That got me thinking. They were '16s so it was marked down some. Son was going over to buy the silver Rebel on the Sat. of Labor Day weekend. Figured I go to just to test drive one of the red ones, when we pulled in to the lot the red ones were marked down 20% more. Oh yeah! Bought one - 32% off sticker. Pretty close in regard to price to a plain 4x4 short bed regular cab that I had been thinking about. Love everything about the Rebel. Just a great looking and performing truck and I had good luck with my previous Ram. Not a Ford guy and Chevy/GMCs don't do it for me either. My old truck had the 5.9 which was fun but the Hemi is way better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am a new member here, just picked up my 2017 Rebel last night. My "WHY" is simple. Its a **** of a truck with **** of a options list for a **** of a price. Its the best bang for the buck. Comes standard pretty much loaded. Cant beat the price of it (especially when you get it $9,000 off sticker price with rebates).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haven't bought mine yet but soon I will join the family, as for why. It's not the cookie cutter Lone Star I see hundreds every day. It has a minor lift I think 1" over stock could be wrong? That's perfect as I am restricted on height parking garage at work. The hood sets the truck appart, it has a HEMI ha ha, duel exhaust already just have to remove the muffler. With Fuel wheels will look super sexy and it's a RAM.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought mine because I wanted something with a little more off road attitude that would not void warranties. My previous Laramie which was also 4wd, had a lifetime warranty on it and I just knew what I wanted to do to it would give Chrysler a reason to void my warranty if something failed so why not just purchase from the factory everything you wanted plus a warranty to boot?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have been driving Dodge/Ram trucks since the 70's, and I am tired of driving a cookie cutter truck that looks like almost every ram on the road, so I purchased the Rebel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have been driving Dodge/Ram trucks since the 70's, and I am tired of driving a cookie cutter truck that looks like almost every ram on the road, so I purchased the Rebel.
Have been a Dodge/Ram fan for 20 years and always liked the look of their trucks. After seeing and now owning a Rebel the other Rams just don't look "right" - good looking but not as good the Rebel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ram was not my first choice, but definitely a choice between the two, GMC Sierra Denali, or the Ram 1500 Laramie.

Until one day I saw this for sale, the rest was history. It was the Rebel or nothing, and I love every single minute of it ever since!

**btw, didn't end up buying this, was sold when I saw the ad, but I ended up with a white one**

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's pretty cool how with air suspension it will sit these trucks down like that and then lift it up when you want it. Best of both worlds. I wish there was a way to override the settings, but I am sure it cause unusual tread wear if we could.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Once I saw the Red/ Black Rebel.... Had to have it... Love the Front end.. I have wanted a truck for years that was high end without wood grain, chrome and all the ugly crap that ends up in a higher end vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife wanted a '17 Murano Platinum and I wanted a truck. We had previously owned a '14 Murano Platinum, which btw is a great suv, so we took the Rebel Mojave limited edition out for a test ride. Ride was good, lots of options, bold looks, wife liked it. Dealer outside of Halifax had a Mojave with $12,900 price reduction and 0% for 84 months. Now it's been in the driveway for just over a week. It has grown on the wife now that she has gotten used to driving around town and she now LOVES it! But it's still my truck and I love it too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts