Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a week after Ram announces on their website that the rebel TRX will be going into production, I can't find a single post about it. Anybody heard about when ordering will open up with dealers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It will be an awesome truck...but its a very niche market. Its not made for the masses. The cost (decked out will be something like 65K+ I'm guessing).

Heck...most people won't even be able to keep it in their garage I'm guessing...! And I'm not parking at 60K+ truck outside all the time.

Its going to be a monster...and expect the engine to be very very thirsty :)

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'm excited to see it hit the market for sure! I don't think it will be a popular truck by any means with the price tag and fuel economy. I am very interested to see the mpg ratings. It should be rated as it's a half ton truck unlike 2500 and up trucks aren't required to release mpg ratings.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm excited to see it hit the market for sure! I don't think it will be a popular truck by any means with the price tag and fuel economy. I am very interested to see the mpg ratings. It should be rated as it's a half ton truck unlike 2500 and up trucks aren't required to release mpg ratings.
Not sure about lack of popularity, our area is awash Raptors. Time will tell.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So a week after Ram announces on their website that the rebel TRX will be going into production, I can't find a single post about it. Anybody heard about when ordering will open up with dealers?
I started threads a couple months back on a couple different boards about the possibility of the TRX going into production and they went nowhere. Truck would be too big - too expensive etc. On one board it morphed into a Raptor thread. Go figure. Ram must think there is an upside but time will tell. I'm glad to see it being produced. Choice is good.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Not sure about lack of popularity, our area is awash Raptors. Time will tell.
Your area might have a Raptor problem (haha) but here in the midwest, they aren't a big seller. I know someone that works at one of the largest Ford Dealer groups in my area and he has always said that the truck doesn't move that much. So little that they actually stopped keeping Raptors in their inventory. They just order one in how the customer wants.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I am going to trade up as long as it has a hitch and some sort of towing capacity
I'm sure the towing capacity will be lower than the current Ram 1500's. Usually purpose built trucks like that aren't designed to tow. Look at the Powerwagon or the Raptor towing specs compared to their perspective trucks. All the lift/hopped up parts come at a cost in the towing department usually. I bet the towing capacity will be around the #7500 area which still isn't that bad - it is only a half ton.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your area might have a Raptor problem (haha) but here in the midwest, they aren't a big seller. I know someone that works at one of the largest Ford Dealer groups in my area and he has always said that the truck doesn't move that much. So little that they actually stopped keeping Raptors in their inventory. They just order one in how the customer wants.
Yeah Raptor problem that's a good one:eek: Locally we have no place to run a Raptor fast and take advantage of their capabilities but that has not dampened the numbers of them from what I see. They are not a dime a dozen but not a rare sight either. I guess people have the money and want something different at least around here. I think they are selling for about a $10,000 premium over sticker. I am very happy with my Rebel so far and probably not TRX material but would love to check one out when they appear. Rebels were a slow seller last year around here. I picked mine up for almost $18,000 last Sept. - Now there are quite a few around - not uncommon at any rate.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Yeah Raptor problem that's a good one:eek: Locally we have no place to run a Raptor fast and take advantage of their capabilities but that has not dampened the numbers of them from what I see. They are not a dime a dozen but not a rare sight either. I guess people have the money and want something different at least around here. I think they are selling for about a $10,000 premium over sticker. I am very happy with my Rebel so far and probably not TRX material but would love to check one out when they appear. Rebels were a slow seller last year around here. I picked mine up for almost $18,000 last Sept. - Now there are quite a few around - not uncommon at any rate.
Isn't it pretty crazy how there are so many different truck markets around the country? Where I live, I've only seen a few Rebels for the last 2 years I've owned mine. It also seems like the dealerships don't have them on their lots.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can't edit but my Rebel was $18,000 off sticker. my bad.

Yeah the market in different parts of the country does appear to vary a lot. Our local dealer is a combo Ford and Jeep/Ram. They don't stock many Rams, because they seem to favor Ford truck sales. If they have a couple of Rams on the lot at any given time that is about it, they stock lots more Ford trucks. I think they picked up the FCA line for Jeep which is a good seller here. My son and I had the first two Rebels locally and now the local dealer is stocking a few more Rams, even sold a Rebel or two I think. The dealer where we purchased our trucks had three on the lot when we purchased ours about a year ago. I think they had been on the lot a while. Now I see they always have a few Rebels, three or four usually, they must be moving them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
where exactly did you see this info about the TRX going into production? I'm thinking you might be reading into something on the site. I can't find anything about "Production" announcements. This is probably why the OP hasn't heard anyone talking about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts