Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to order some wheels and tires for my rebel and Im having a HORRIBLE time trying to make up my mind on what I want! I want a little beefier tire than what comes stock and I want ABSOLUTELY NO rubbing on anything. I was thinking the 295 70 18 looks like a perfect fit without doing anything to the truck at all. However, I don't see many people running this size on the Rebel. Am I missing something? Will it rub or something or is there just not that many people running 18 inch rims with the rebel? I thought the 18 inch rim was a nice choice for the Rebel as well, but maybe Im missing something there as well....lol

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I've seen some with 18" wheels and they look awesome! If I ever get around to getting new wheels for mine, I will be going with 18's.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't think it's really an issue with the 18" wheel. Some guys have done that. It's probably because of the width. A 295 is only 1/4" wider than stock. In tires this size, that's pretty much invisible without a measuring tape. It seems to me that most guys are looking for slightly taller and wider tires.

A lot of guys that moved to 34" tires moved to 315 widths (12.5"). That adds to the beefier appearance from the front and rear. They're known to fit without rubbing. The problem is that for some reason 34" tires wider than 11.5" aren't as common. ?? Although you can find 325's which are essentially 13" and might be too wide.

You can find 315-70r17s in a lot of brands, but 315-65r18s not so much. Both of these would be about 34.5" tall and 12.5" wide. You can get 12" widths (305s) in r18, but they are mostly 305-65 which is close to the 33" stock size, and 305-70 which is a 35" tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put 295 / 70 R18 Pathfinder all terrains on mine and I think it looks pretty sharp its hard to find anything much bigger with 18in rims without going up majorly in price. I really wish cooper would make their ATP in this size or 305/70 18 I went from a +18 to a 0 off set with the rims and that gave me a really nice stance with the slightly wider tire

·
Registered
41 Posts
So my knowledge of tire sizes is pretty limited. On my 04 Hemi Sport I had 20" rims that I really liked. Why don't many Rebel owners to with 20s?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cant speak for everyone but for me I wouldn't go over an 18 for 3 reasons 1 the bigger the rim the more expensive the tires get 2 the bigger the rim the more likely it is to get messed up off roading due to being closer to the ground with less tire sidewall and 3 the bigger the rim and less sidewall the worse the ride quality. I'm a jeep guy as well and its the same reason on my jeeps I never went over an 18 in rim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts