Ram Rebel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered mine with them, our Avalanche has a similar box but only smaller. I call them saddle bags on the Avalanche, and when I was ordered the Rebel I called them the same, the sales guy looked at me sideways..... what are you talking about he asked??!! Anyways.....saddle bags sounds way cooler then " Ram Box"! Also I can still fix a small 400 Yamaha quad in side the Avalanche so no worries with a smaller quad. In short, I love them and I knew I needed to get them on the Rebel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to the Forum but love the Truck, been a Ford owner for life but the eco-boost made it easy to leave, nothing replaces a V-8; one thing I warn is before you pull the trigger on it make sure you get the Rebel Instrument cluster that $175 option if you want to change after the fact the part is a $1000 and core change so far doesn't look like they are going to honor so looking at $1500 to get the Rebel cluster. To some it seems not to bother but what you get for a $175 option is day and night and truly dresses up the truck. Just my opinion but really kick myself for not catching it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
New to the Forum but love the Truck, been a Ford owner for life but the eco-boost made it easy to leave, nothing replaces a V-8; one thing I warn is before you pull the trigger on it make sure you get the Rebel Instrument cluster that $175 option if you want to change after the fact the part is a $1000 and core change so far doesn't look like they are going to honor so looking at $1500 to get the Rebel cluster. To some it seems not to bother but what you get for a $175 option is day and night and truly dresses up the truck. Just my opinion but really kick myself for not catching it.
In the same boat. I assumed it would have it. Why they made this an option vs. standard in the Rebel is beyond me. I just try not to think about it anymore, until I read things like your post!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to pull the Band-Aid off but my OCD will force me to spend the money; sorry I jumped in the wrong Colum had been just reading about the other guys dissatisfaction with his instrument cluster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a hard time finding one with the Rambox option. The Rambox was the deciding factor for me in choosing a Dodge Ram vehicle. I'll be using them for boat cleaning peripheries, kids soccer balls etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2015 is equipped with the Ram box and I really like them. As mentioned above I have tools, straps, etc. in them and they lock with the doors.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got mine without one. I put a locking hard cover on the bed and then a nice size Rubbermaid box. I just felt that the Rambox took to much capacity away from an already small box. It works great and I can take it out when I need the space. I guess it depends on what you need your truck box for and if you need the space.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ram Box

Personally I like them I traded in a 2011 mega cab and I stored all my stuff behind the seats. I like that everything is not in the cab anymore and the Ram Boxes are easy to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I probably would have liked the Ram Boxes, but I saw very few trucks with that option on dealer lots. I think I prefer the larger capacity of a toolbox, anyway.

I'm in South Carolina, so probably at least 80% of pickups are going to have a toolbox in the bed - must be a Southern thing, haha.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I keep one Rambox full of emergency gear, rope, shackles, jumper cables, shovel and other stuff like scrapers. The other box is empty and available for use. Just brought my son back from college and he tossed his coats in there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I thought hard about the Rambox because all Rebels on dealer lots within 50 miles had Rambox on them or were the V-6. I wanted to get a 2015 off the lot rather than wait for a factory order when the rebates were huge.

I occasionally haul firewood and other loose things and prefer to have all the open bed space I can get. I used to only have 8' boxes but with my last truck I opted for a quad cab and the 6'4" box. I really liked the Rebel a lot so I bought it but the crew cab just eats nearly an entire additional foot of bed space. So I decided no way I'd get Rambox, too much lost space on the sides. I've already run into one hauling problem with it since I bought it but I'm renting a trailer to deal with that. Just meant I had to drive a little further to get a Hemi Rebel without Rambox.

No regrets, like my Rebel a lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was on the fence about the RamBox, but i pulled the trigger and have been happy. I upgraded from a Ranger to a Rebel, so I gained bed width and lost a couple inches of bed length (which would be lost without RamBox as well). I love the cargo management stuff in the bed. for the gun rack and such in the RamBox, I'm planning on using plexiglass or just plastic and cutting my own instead of paying $250.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The narrower bed fort the Ram Boxes are generally worth it unless you're trying to fit an ATV in the bed, then it just won't fit with the boxes.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts