Ram Rebel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
One interesting problem when ordering one .... you can't get Rambox AND Sunroof on the same truck as it exceeds the GVWR allowed for a 1500.
My Dealer Never explained this to me but it explains and makes sense Thanks! Ultimately the Ramboxes won out for me over a sunroof I would probably never use. The ram boxes were in use when I transferred basic tools / towstraps ect over from my old jeep.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally not sure what the ram box offers over a good locking tonneau cover with storage. I think I would get more use out of a bigger bed and a sun roof.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That combination not being allowed due to weight is something they need to look into, there has to be some other areas weight can be cut, just not entirely sure where and how this can be done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got he Ram boxes and love them! My wife thought I was crazy when I put food in the boxes instead of the cab. I want to preserve that new truck smell for as long as I can!!!!!!

It may sound crazy but I've done it a hand full of times. Kids want to make a donut run? put it in the Rambox. Leftover Italian food from date night? put it in the Rambox.....genius.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have heard you cannot get the sunroof and Rambox together as an option. I was at 2 dealerships and both had 2015 with the tow package etc and they had the box and sunroof.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Beer. It has a drainage hole so it's like a built in cooler of sorts where you can put in ice and beer. Of course it's really up to you what you want to put in there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's going to be a good place to store tools as long as no one breaks in plus it beats having to set a separate storage for the bed to keep your tools in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I choose not to get them, not because I don't think they would be useful, but because we do alot of ATV'ing and there's no way I could get one of our ATV's in the bed since my trailer will only carry two. Or if I'm heading out by myself I don't need the trailer at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I started to look at getting a RAM, I wanted it after seeing it on TV. But I find it restricts the beds capacity too much and it's sooo expansive. So I'll pass.

I plan on getting just a plastic box that you can buy for $10 at Wallymart and I will leave it in the bed for my odds and ends. Of course I will get a bed cover.

·
Registered
680 Posts
It's just a preference option. Some people ride bikes so they don't need a full truck bed, some atv, some just wants a build in beer cooler.

The bed cover is a must though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I choose not to get them, not because I don't think they would be useful, but because we do alot of ATV'ing and there's no way I could get one of our ATV's in the bed since my trailer will only carry two. Or if I'm heading out by myself I don't need the trailer at all.
That's one issue I remember one of my friends having, who is a hunter. Rides a UTV that has a wide stance. But I think there are even systems that has the UTV/ATV mounted just above the bed which allows for the bed to be used... a lot of options.

·
Registered
680 Posts
There are mounts available that goes above truck beds, you just can't make fast turns with it on. This would optimize the amount of trunk space you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
love mine , really glad I got it. I got the first rebel in the area here in tri state ny. I was not "thrilled with the price of the ram box and bed cover but now am so glad. I put my muddy dirty horse boots and stuff in them and it keeps the main area of truck clean

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't get the Ram Box. I have an ATV and wanted the extra space in the bed. Not a big fan of the Ram Box unless you have the 6.5 bed and use the truck for daily work. I already put my beer in the storage bins under the rear floor >:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally on the fence about it. Trending more towards getting it right now. Just wondering your thoughts on it. If anybody on here has a truck with it equipped?

I just ordered a 2016 Rebel Saturday with the Ram Box option. The way I load my truck, that space fore and aft of the wheel wells is useless anyway, so why not get something you can use. When I was at the woodward dream cruise I actually got to see one in person, and that convinced me as there was a lot more room in them than I imagined.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts