Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there are a few out there who have taken the fog lights out. I saw a post where someone put in a couple of cube lights (Rigids) in that spot. I'm looking to do this as well and realize I'll have to fab up my own mounting solution. I'm just wondering how hard it is to remove the fog lights/buckets. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Super easy to remove. They are just some bolts and tabs to work around. I looked into going Rigids on my Rebel but didn't end up having the time to fab up a bracket at the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super easy to remove. They are just some bolts and tabs to work around. I looked into going Rigids on my Rebel but didn't end up having the time to fab up a bracket at the time.
How do you access those bolts and tabs? I'm sure from behind. What I'm hoping is that the skid plate doesn't need to be removed. Do you peel back the front part of the fender well?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
When I accessed mine I had the bumper off but if memory serves correct, you need to pull the skid plate and get behind the fender wells.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I accessed mine I had the bumper off but if memory serves correct, you need to pull the skid plate and get behind the fender wells.
Good lord. I've never had a vehicle where you've had to pull the whole bumper off to get to something like that. I know it's on here somewhere, but does anyone recall the instructions for removing the bumper? I may tackle this tonight. I want to paint the skid plate and fog light buckets as well so it may be best to just do what's necessary.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Should be able to just remove the plastic liner just behind the fog lights to get access to the oem fog lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts