Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this guy is really trying to use the mods on this truck as bartering power and I have to admit I do like them. Here is what he said his cost on add-ons arebelow:

2016 Ram 1500 Rebel 1C6RR7YT0GS171034 | Woody Folsom CDJR BAXLEY, GA

Here is what he said are the add-ons:

35" Toyo tires
20" Fuel rims
3" body lift
3,703.22 total price of the add ons

He is coming back at $53k and change OTD on this. What do you guys think is a fair offer on this truck. It has everything I want in a truck without the hassle of ordering and I do like the lift and the wheels.

Cheers Boys!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought one a couple of months ago and my daughter bought one 2 weeks ago. With a MSRP of $53.6 with discounts a reasonable price would be around $46, if you like the tires and wheels I'd give him around $48. Remembering you may like them but most folks have their own idea of what they want limiting buyers who will go after that truck. The dealer also didn't pay $4 thou for the lift and wheels and tires. I don't see that many putting lift kits on their trucks. If you want tires and wheels and lifts it's often more cost effective to go with a 1500 to mod instead of removing the upgrades that you are already paying for. Like a Jeep, don't buy a Hard Rock and then start moding it out, buy the cheapest Sport. Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i wouldn't buy it because the exhaust looks dumb. $53k though.....i understand that that is tax title plates. but mine was 10k less than that. are they giving you the stock rebel wheels and tires too? does it have the Rebel cluster? My vote is on keep lookin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wouldn't buy it because the exhaust looks dumb. $53k though.....i understand that that is tax title plates. but mine was 10k less than that. are they giving you the stock rebel wheels and tires too? does it have the Rebel cluster? My vote is on keep lookin.
Is this the stock exhaust or you saying looks dumb with lift?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't think it's ever really worth it to buy a vehicle from the dealer that has already been modified just because of the mark-up on the add-ons they claim. The last time I went to buy one, I literally had to pull out my phone and explain how there was no way in heck they paid that much for the parts listed. Like 01 Mastiff said, buy the cheaper one and build it

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm wondering why they had it modded and then did such a crappy job. Maybe working with a local shop that wanted to play with a Rebel.

They are selling it as new, but without half the incentives. Right now, other dealers are offering $8k or more off Rebels on the lot. So they're basically wanting

And if it really does have 3" of lift, how did they do it? Because they're listing it as still having the air suspension system.

And that exhaust.... looks like they lifted the truck off the exhaust. I thought the exhaust was attached to the body and frame, not the lower suspension. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it. Still playing hard ball with a few dealers. Oh and on a side note. Dennis Dillon is a joke talking to them with all their crazy a$$ incentives, have you worked on a farm and god knows what. Not to mention low balling trade where it didn't even come close to matching any reputable site. So don't believe all the hype, they are a joke. will keep you guys posted. Looking forward to making a deal soon :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
For the truck itself, you should get it for round $46K. Add $3k for all the modifications and walkout for $49K. I'd say that's a decent deal. Personally, I'd ask them to make bends in the exhaust tubing to place it tightly under the bumper like it was stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Aaaah! The old trade in. A trade in on a modded truck leaves the seller about 23 ways to screw you. You don't want to get into that situation. It's all smoke and mirrors. Jack the price up on the trade in and on the truck etc. I have sold a couple of trade in's on the buying services (I used True Car/ USAA and came way ahead on selling my cars and putting me in a better bargaining position. Especially if you're not trading in something they want on their lot but will have to auction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion i wouldnt truly bother talking to dennis dillion seriously if you live in Georgia I'm assuming since the truck you're talking about is in Georgia, the cost to get there and drive your truck/deliver it would make it just as expensive as anyone else. I WOULD definitely use Dennis Dillion pricing to wage a price war/barter with other dealerships to your advantage.Honestly depends on the salesman. Because if they truly want your business they will go ahead and honor DD's price or come close.

I'm confused to why you think their pricing incentives at DD are "stupid", incentives are practically like scholarships but for Dealers. Either you do qualify or you don't thats just how it is and I'm sure you know that.

This truck you mentioned though, is cheaper than most. In Houston (Auto Nation Spring) they have a lifted rebel for $64K. I think dealers definitely stick you with the cost and labor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its a 3" body lift by daystar. So only the body got lifted 3 inches. That's why the exhaust is so low, and the tow hooks are missing. lucky they make a bracket for the bumper or it would be 3 inches lower too. I don't know why they didn't take it to an exhaust shop to get shorter hangers and add a couple of bends, it looks like crap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it. Still playing hard ball with a few dealers. Oh and on a side note. Dennis Dillon is a joke talking to them with all their crazy a$$ incentives, have you worked on a farm and god knows what. Not to mention low balling trade where it didn't even come close to matching any reputable site. So don't believe all the hype, they are a joke. will keep you guys posted. Looking forward to making a deal soon :)
Dennis Dillon ask you those questions because they want to make sure you get all the rebates you can.

On their website, they show two price.

Sale Price: This is the one you should go by since it is the price everyone can get.

As Low As price; This price include some rebates that not everyone gets.

Even at the sale price, it is still well over 10k off MSRP.

Dennis Dillion website is the only reason how I got my rebel for 10,750 off MSRP with rebates that everyone qualify for.

So to answer your first question. You should aim to get at-least 10k off MSRP and then you can add on the mod price.

-Allen

PS: Yeah, they tend to low ball on the trade in but who cares. You're using their website as a negotiation tool.
If you do buy a rebel from Dennis, it would be best not to do a trade in with them and just sell your car on craigslist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts