Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are definitely lovable trucks. They're gorgeous, functional, a nice overall package. But everyone has different preferences and different things they like and don't. There's always something you don't like lol.

So, what is it that you DO NOT like about your Ram Rebel ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The truck is set up very good , accept for the spare tire , I checked it when drove home from the dealer . The spare is a Good Year and the wrong size : too small : 265-70-17 , proper size : 285-70-17 . This would result in damage to the differentials after prolonged use . The spare is approx. 1" lower , total height . I replaced the spare with a correct size & brand . it also fits in place properly in the holder . I contacted the dealer about the issue & they told me I have to eat the bill of replacing the spare tire . Funny thing ,,,, on the window sticker , it shows : full size spare tire . So you folks with your Rebel model ram , check your spare tire ! Spread The Word ! I believe FCA should eat the bill for this issue , what do you folks think ?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
The truck is set up very good , accept for the spare tire , I checked it when drove home from the dealer . The spare is a Good Year and the wrong size : too small : 265-70-17 , proper size : 285-70-17 . This would result in damage to the differentials after prolonged use . The spare is approx. 1" lower , total height . I replaced the spare with a correct size & brand . it also fits in place properly in the holder . I contacted the dealer about the issue & they told me I have to eat the bill of replacing the spare tire . Funny thing ,,,, on the window sticker , it shows : full size spare tire . So you folks with your Rebel model ram , check your spare tire ! Spread The Word ! I believe FCA should eat the bill for this issue , what do you folks think ?
It might not be the exact size but it is considered a full size spare. Working in the tire industry, I see this all the time. And as for the different size, you are correct as it is just barely within range for causing drive train issues. It should fall no more than 1" rolling diameter and it's definitely over 1".

On the flip side though, it is designed to be a SPARE to get you to the shop and not for prolonged use. I never understood myself as to why they don't supply a matching size tire. Be glad that you have a "full size" spare though. My ram express I had had a donut style spare (super skinny tire).

At least our trucks have a spare though. Kind of crazy that quite a bit newer vehicles don't even have a spare tire and some don't even come with run flat/zero pressure tires which leaves a tow truck the only option.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't think of anything I really don't like. It's everything I wanted in a truck.
That's actually very interesting to hear. Are you more of a non-picky type of person or does it really just tick all of your boxes off that you wanted ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's actually very interesting to hear. Are you more of a non-picky type of person or does it really just tick all of your boxes off that you wanted ?
Well what don't you like? Personally if I wanted something else or something more I would have bought something different. However, I wouldn't complain about new features or electronics I just happen to be overly satisfied with the truck.

If you really must have something. Android Auto would be nice.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
I don't like the back seat area, they need to make the floor flat and give more room under the seats when they're down to store stuff.I have a plastic filing cabinet thing floating around back there where my F150 I could tuck it under it. There's no home screen for the center touch screen, my F150 had a home button where I would show part of the navigation, climate control, phone and radio so going between the different screens now isn't as smooth. The back up camera isn't centered so it throws me off looking at.

I was a little disappointing I couldn't get a drill case in the ram box.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My only complaints is it didnt come stock with a lsd. Now i know it my fault for buying a early model with no lsd. but i still believe it should have come form the start with the lsd standard. And second is android auto. i really wish it had android auto or at least i wish fca would update it to accept android auto. Other than that its exactly what i wanted. Oh yeah I really really really wanted the diesel.

·
Registered
660 Posts
FCA doesn't actually make UConnect, it's made by Harman International. But given the stock market news today (Samsung is acquiring Harman) I expect that there will be more Android support down the road.

·
Registered
462 Posts
FCA doesn't actually make UConnect, it's made by Harman International. But given the stock market news today (Samsung is acquiring Harman) I expect that there will be more Android support down the road.
Now that is great news, hopefully it translates into an interface more in line with what Samsung would offer in their next generation products, but overall as long as we're able to do most of the basic stuff and that it doesn't become an inconvenience most people will be happy.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Now that is great news, hopefully it translates into an interface more in line with what Samsung would offer in their next generation products, but overall as long as we're able to do most of the basic stuff and that it doesn't become an inconvenience most people will be happy.
It might go that far, although I wouldn't want to see a phone style interface for my vehicle, necessarily. There's a lot of gesturing and swiping that aren't really good ergonomics when you consider the driver is also controlling a high-speed 3 ton vehicle. Simple and convenient is more than enough, imo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I press the button to go down to entry level 30 seconds before I park and it is done !
Same here if I am going to use it I hit the button on my way in. Don't use it often though as I have steps. The feature is great for loading things in the bed.

So far I am happy with everything about the truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Should have been 20" wheels.

Not a fan of the HVAC settings (vent, floor or mix...) being only on the Uconnect.

Bedliner should be standard on a 50k truck

Glovebox and brake release is flimsy cheap plastic

Rear under seat compartment is still tiny, fold out flat board set up is flimsy cheap plastic as well.

LED headlights would have been adaquite.

Wish I had the Rambox, but it was the last 16 on the lot.

Wish I had the two tone paint

1 - 20 of 70 Posts