Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Rebel owners. A virgin Rebel owner and member on the Ram Rebel Forum. Has anyone installed a Volant CAI Ram Air Scoop (part # 36457) on their Rebel? I just installed the Volant CAI (part # 164576) and the install was very easy. However, the air ram scoop instructions are not great and are for a standard 1500. Given the 1500 and Rebel are essentially the same, I assumed the install would be the same, but would like to confirm this. When looking at the wheelwell and where the scoop will be installed, I am not seeing how it will fit. I tried to call and email Volant, but when I call, I get a message that states "thank you for calling Volant, enter the extension of the person you are calling" and then it hangs up (cant press 0, just hangs up) and the 2 emails I have sent have not been responded to. I am not impressed with their customer service so far...

So, couple of questions: 1. Does the air ram scoop (36457) fit a 2016 Rebel? 2. Has anyone installed the air ram scoop? 3. Aside from having to cut the wheelwell liner, any other modifications? 4. For anyone that has done this install, can you share pictures of the install and/or how it looks on the truck?

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I do not want to sound to negative, but with their bad customer service, I would return the whole CAI and get your money back. The Rebel already has a good intake system that gets cool air already. It is a known fact that 95% of all after market air intake systems just make noise and you will get no gain or maybe a couple of hp, and a lot of them will suck in hot air from under the hood and you will loose power.
Unless you are adding a turbo or Supercharger, I would keep the stock intake, and put the money towards something else like a good drop in air filter, tuner, or HID light upgrade or all three.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out if it fits? I ordered one and I can't see how that would fit either but I assumed it would on a 2017 Rebel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts