Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my Rebel only a few days I have noticed a slight vibration/grinding feeling on the pedal while driving on the highway when accelerating. Is this something I should be concerned with?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I've noticed that I have a slight vibration felt at my pedal under light acceleration until MDS kicks off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is this something happens when the MDS is about to start up? How can you tell when the MDS is on is it when the ECO light comes on?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Your vibration might be different than mine but for me, I feel a slight vibration when MDS kicks in and when I slowly start to give the truck some more power.

The easiest way to tell when MDS kicks in is the sound the engine makes along with the exhaust note. It's not super obvious so you'll have to listen for it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There is a green telltale light in your instrument panel that lights up when MDS is on. It's controlled through a menu in Uconnect settings, you can enable or disable the telltale. That might help you if you haven't quite gotten the feel of the MDS just yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the green light the green ECO light? I'll have to keep an eye on on that vs the vibration to see if that is the case.

·
Registered
147 Posts
When you first get up to speed, Press the - button on the gear selector so 8 is displayed on the dash. This will keep the MDS from turning on. This way you will know if the vibration is from the MDS, or something else.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have the same here too. Seems to be RPM dependent, right around the 1800-2100 RPM.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've noticed the same. I'm guessing the ECU is calculating the engine load by rpm, air flow, and fuel consumption? Once it goes above a certain point defined by the engineers, hp needs override economy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts