Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Rebel I get some vibration through the truck when I make turns. Went to dealers and they drove it and said that's normal feeling that. They said it from the air suspension along with it being a 4X4. That when you make turns, the weight and all the parts from the air suspension to the 4X4 will give you some vibration. Said it due to all the parts that hold tires to the axel etc.
And said that is why you don't feel any vibration through the truck when you are taking off and driving straight. And I don't feel any vibration when stop and taking off straight, only when I stop and turn right or left I get like a shimmy the whole time going through the turn, till I straighten the truck out again.

Anybody else notice this or have this?
I had other 4X4 trucks and had lift on them and yes I did feel some vibrating when turning. But that was with lifts on them.

Thanks in advance
Wolive

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I've never heard that before. I would bring it to another shop and have them look at. I've had tons of Rams and never have experienced that. I've had 2 trucks with air suspension too. My buddy has a Limited with air suspension and I drove it 1400 miles to him. I haven't felt what you are describing.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would bet the farm that you have an axle issue, or a differential issue.

And as Imeavtitn mentioned don't waste time with a shop that isn't interested in finding/solving the problem, change shops/dealers like you change your socks if it means your truck gets fixed. You're not obligated to use the dealership shop you purchased from, especially when they feed you bullsh!t answers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here is the results I got back from 2 different dealers, and both said the same thing.
They both stated what I was feeling when I stopped and then proceeded to take off again from a dead stop, are the tires being pushed against the road and skipping a little bit. I said your joking right, nope. I said it feels like I am in four wheel drive when I make turns and your telling me it's the tires being pushed and vibrate across the road? Correct they stated. I said ok so if I make a right or left turn from a dead stop and not push the gas or take off slower I will not feel the vibration? Correct they stated. I said ok so when I leave here I will try that. Now when I left dealer I had to make 2 right turns to get on highway back to house. First right was on a hill gave it gas and yes it vibrated, second right was flat, didn't give much gas and yes still vibrated a little but not like it does when I take off regular.

Ok so here is the other thing I founded out, did a little research on web and found the tires that are on the Rebel have been having issues with vibrating and skipping when making turns. Heard people stating let out some air and that will stop the skipping etc. Other said they replace the tire with KO and never had the problem again.
So maybe I stated it wrong when I asked the question before, does anybody get the feeling when making a turn from a dead stop like your turning in four wheel drive mode?
And sorry this is so long.
Wolvie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, another update here, So the vibration is not coming from the front of vehicle.
The back is making it vibrate when I turn from dead stop. Heard noise coming from back of vehicle when I take of and turn right or left. Does anybody have this, and if so you know what is causing it?
Or does anybody know what could be doing this? Like I said coming from rear of truck, and only when I make turns from a dead stop.

Thanks again and I hope somebody can help me on this. Cannot get in to dealer till next Friday, and I will be using the truck to drive to Georgia this week.

Wolvie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here is what I found out and got it fixed, and YES it runs great and I am a HAPPY REBEL owner now. It was the anti-locking brakes, the fluid was low and the breaks would push back and forth after I let go of the break and start moving. As long as I went straight never felt the vibrating, but seemed to be pulling a little bit taking off. But soon as I let go of break and started turning, the quick pushing and releasing of the brakes would try and stop the wheel from but not lock up the tire. So with the fluid being low it caused this and that made the vibration on turns. They drained fluid, filled with new fluid and make sure it was topped off.

So this was my morning, 0800 appointment took truck in told them I would wait for it, see tech get in truck pull it forward and back it up, then let it set there for about 1/2 hr. Put back in line said couldn't feel anything that was not normal. I told them I am driving this out of here and if it starts SOMEBODY GOING FOR A RIDE WITH ME. Didn't get 2 miles from dealer, and bam started once again. Did U-turn drove right back in garage, she the first tech I seen, get in and I will show you what is going on. They played this little game I can, I have to work on this, etc etc. So went to service head guy, told him get in my truck and feel this vibration. He came up with a excuse that they are not aloud to leave property when working on service line. Informed him you will not be leaving property cause soon as I pull out of this lane and make a right turn you will fell it. As soon as I made the left he looked at me and said dam is that what you been feeling. I felt like saying duh. He asked the tech how can you not feel that, he said it doesn't do it when he drives. I ask him to drive me around dealership. the reason it never did it for him, due to him never coming to a complete stop then turning, He slowed down by letting go of gas pedal and never came to a complete stop ever. So brakes never had the time to stop truck the start off on turn. He got out I got in made first turn and he said yea, I feel it.
THANK GOD THEY FELT IT. THIRD TIME THIS HAS BEEN IN FOR THIS PROBLEM. They keep it for 3 hours trying to find out what going on, took some smart tech to mention hey that could be the anti-locks breaks acting up. Had that on another truck. They checked it and YES YES it was low, andthey drained it a filled with new fluid. Drives like a brand new truck. Thank you everybody for all your help and suggestion.
Wolvie

·
Registered
451 Posts
Another, (unfortunately, after many visits) victory for the customer that will not accept NO as an answer from the dealer.

For those of you out there with continued issues that aren't getting satisfaction... hang in there and don't take no for an answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts