Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 15 with 6500 on it.
I tried to check out Kbb, edmunds, nada. But either they dont have the Rebel yet or it is inaccurate with options, etc.
Dealer wants 39,700.
Red, 5.7, 4x4.
Packages...luxury, protection, remote start, park sense/rear camera.
Options....ramboxes, tonneau, bedliner, rear defrost, 8.4 nav, 9 speaker, instrument cluster.
Pretty close to what I would build myself...although id lose the Nav....and add posi rear and 32 gal tank.

When going thru build and price on Ram site...comes to 53120.

But....many dealers have new ones that are around that price marked down to around 45ish.

So, what are your thoughts on this?
Spend 4-5k more for new vs. slightly used? It seems like it should be closer to 37 for the used....like 6500 miles should equate to 6500 discount.

Im tempted, but would like opinions please.

Also, what would I be missing out on in the 15 as opposed to 16? Led bed lighting comes to mind, but cant think of anything else.

Thnx guys!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Assuming it is in great shape, what is the difference in financing going to cost you?
Interest rates are always higher on used vehicles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's a nice deal if the truck is NOT tore up. I purchased my '15 Rebel in July with those exact options and MSRP and paid $45K. Given what I paid, they are discounting the truck at $0.81 cents per mile for you. If the warranty is good, I'd take it and run!

Regarding financing, I would disagree a bit with djw0417. I financed through a credit union and it does NOT matter if the vehicle is new or not. Financing is based on value of the vehicle at the time of purchase.

dkw0417 is probably correct if you finance through the dealer.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
The biggest difference between the '15 and '16 is the warranty.

2015 has a 100,000 mile power train warranty. This was reduced to 60,000 miles for 2016.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found a 15 with 6500 on it.
I tried to check out Kbb, edmunds, nada. But either they dont have the Rebel yet or it is inaccurate with options, etc.
Dealer wants 39,700.
Red, 5.7, 4x4.
Packages...luxury, protection, remote start, park sense/rear camera.
Options....ramboxes, tonneau, bedliner, rear defrost, 8.4 nav, 9 speaker, instrument cluster.
Pretty close to what I would build myself...although id lose the Nav....and add posi rear and 32 gal tank.

When going thru build and price on Ram site...comes to 53120.

But....many dealers have new ones that are around that price marked down to around 45ish.

So, what are your thoughts on this?
Spend 4-5k more for new vs. slightly used? It seems like it should be closer to 37 for the used....like 6500 miles should equate to 6500 discount.

Im tempted, but would like opinions please.

Also, what would I be missing out on in the 15 as opposed to 16? Led bed lighting comes to mind, but cant think of anything else.

Thnx guys!
Why is it for sale with such low mileage? I had all kinds of leak issues with my 2016 and the dealer ended up ordering me a new truck. I later saw the my first truck for sale and made an inquiry about it. I was lied to a told that the "client" just need something different........ya I did, I need a truck that didn't leak!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I was wondering that myself. Why would someone trade it in after only having it for 6500 miles?
Dont know, but ill check it out tmrw.
Ill let u guys know what I find out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Or maybe they're like one other forum member, who got stationed overseas and had to sell his Rebel after only having it a couple of months. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok...went to check it out.
Drove fine obviously...interior perfect.
Had a pretty signifigant chip in the windshield...not a crack yet, but will be.
Few scratches on both quarterpanels. Rubbing compound would maybe get them out.
The bed was gouged in a few places even tho had spray in bedliner.
Tonneau cover was ripped in one corner.
Both Ram boxes were filthy inside.... I know they could be cleaned, but wtf?
How u going to put out a $40k truck and not even thoroughly clean it? Pretty much turned me off to the dealer.

I think ill wait for a 0% for 60 on a new one so I can beat the crap out of it myself...

Thnx guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts