Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't have any experience with it but when I saw the price when I was looking at it before I bought my Rebel I about fainted. I had a 14 that had the uconnect 5 and swore when I got my Rebel it had to have the 8.4an. There just aren't many good options out there. You can add the 8.4 to your truck with the correct bezel if you follow the conversion guide on another site. There is also a third party who made an 8.4 bezel that works with the rotary climate controls. I have all the stuff for a 14 I need to get rid of, whenever I get around to posting it in the proper place.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Don't you loose the ability to change the settings of the truck (ie hill assist braking, headlight approach...) when you go to an aftermarket head unit?

Reactions: Delta

·
Registered
254 Posts
Don't you loose the ability to change the settings of the truck (ie hill assist braking, headlight approach...) when you go to an aftermarket head unit?
I would imagine the same, the headunit is a fairly integral piece of the trucks functions...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured I would bring this thread alive again and see if anyone has swapped out the factory head unit with any aftermarket ones besides the Apline?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking at the 7 inch Kenwood Excelon unit new out this year. Following to see if anyone has experience with aftermarket. The installer tells me and Kenwood says you retain all the functions like tire pressure, and diagnostic displays. But most of them are rarely used anyhow and done through the dash display too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also looking at the Kenwood. My installer who did my DVD install said the Idatalink controller you install with the head unit programs all the functions of the factory to work. So my settings controlled through my 5" would work. There is a YouTube video stating the same from Kenwood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts