Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone sprayed the underside of the Ram Rebel yet? What was it sprayed with?
Winter is coming and all that salt is going to cause problems, especially this year since people are saying that it'll be pretty bad.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I usually get my vehicles undercoated but the Rebel I did not. I most likely will regret it down the road but I keep my vehicles pretty clean, even through the salting season. I didn't want to lay down the dough when I purchased it. I'm not quite sure the exact name of the product but it seems to be a rubber coating of some sort.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I never like to get undercoating done just because I feel it's quite "messy". I understand that they have clear ones now but I just love the look of a bare underneath. Just requires a lot more maintenance to keep it looking fresh. Always helps if you have access to a hoist. I typically try to do a full "wheels off" detail once a month or so. A pain to say the least however lol

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I never like to get undercoating done just because I feel it's quite "messy". I understand that they have clear ones now but I just love the look of a bare underneath. Just requires a lot more maintenance to keep it looking fresh. Always helps if you have access to a hoist. I typically try to do a full "wheels off" detail once a month or so. A pain to say the least however lol
Yeah, It's definitely all about just keeping it clean. I frequently high pressure spray under my truck inside all the hard to reach spots and spots known for rust on our trucks. I doubt I will have any issues with my truck with my cleaning habits.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You plasti-dipped the undercarriage ?? Do you have pictures we could see, just curious as to how it turned out finish wise and what's all covered

·
Registered
11 Posts
No pictures but did this to our Jeep when new and now the Rebel. Coated everything that I could that was white plus the skid plates, rear axle etc. anything that is exposed to weather (within reason) I coated it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I took mine to the detail shop and had them paint seal, rust proof and undercoat it two days after I purchased it. I have been taking my auto's there since the 1980's and have never had any rust or paint issues. I had my 1990 Dakota for 8 years, and my 2007 ram for 9 years, and both of them looked like new when I got rid of them. So living in Michigan it is a must have for me.

Reactions: RRebel

·
Registered
60 Posts
I took mine to the detail shop and had them paint seal, rust proof and undercoat it two days after I purchased it. I have been taking my auto's there since the 1980's and have never had any rust or paint issues. I had my 1990 Dakota for 8 years, and my 2007 ram for 9 years, and both of them looked like new when I got rid of them. So living in Michigan it is a must have for me.
Could you send me contact info for this shop? I wouldn't mind doing this to mine. Your profile says southwest Michigan. I'm not far from Michigan...northern Indiana relatively close to Notre Dame/South Bend. I would be sure to let them know you referred me!

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
PM Sent with the information.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No pictures but did this to our Jeep when new and now the Rebel. Coated everything that I could that was white plus the skid plates, rear axle etc. anything that is exposed to weather (within reason) I coated it.
What should we avoid plasti dipping on the underside?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you pass me the details as well?

PM Sent with the information.
Hello, can you please pass me the info on the shop you use for undercoating as well? I live in MI and have been thinking about doing this. I am over in the Ann Arbor area, but may make the drive- sounds like you have a great shop! Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts