Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2016 with Uconnect 8.4 without GPS.
1- How much to pay to get GPS?
2- Can it be upgraded to Apple Car-play or Android Auto?
3- Any upgrades available or downloadable?
4- Is it me or the radio reception (FM) sucks royally???? I get half the range than my other vehicles.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have 2016 with Uconnect 8.4 without GPS.
1- How much to pay to get GPS?
2- Can it be upgraded to Apple Car-play or Android Auto?
3- Any upgrades available or downloadable?
4- Is it me or the radio reception (FM) sucks royally???? I get half the range than my other vehicles.
In response to your questions...
1- Check with a dealer on cost. It can vary from dealership to dealership.
2- No, it cannot be upgraded to Apple car-play or Android Auto. You need to update the head unit to the next gen to get those. FCA had said in the past that our systems would get those, but at this point it looks like that isn't going to happen now that the next gen head units are out.
3- You should get a notification on your touchscreen when updates are available. I just got one on Friday.
4- My FM reception is pretty good. It's much better than my other car. But when I switched to a stubby antenna it got worse. Are you using the stock antenna?

·
Registered
52 Posts
In response to your questions...
2- No, it cannot be upgraded to Apple car-play or Android Auto. You need to update the head unit to the next gen to get those. FCA had said in the past that our systems would get those, but at this point it looks like that isn't going to happen now that the next gen head units are out.
These guys cant even get a fuel gauge to work properly. No way will they tackle adding Android Auto or CarPlay to the system. To be fair, the aftermarket isnt much better. Pioneer has a terrible history of releasing 1/2 complete products, then patching them later.

Reactions: VaderRebel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have stock antenna but will be asking the dealer the next few weeks as my annual is coming.
I am satisfied yet not more than that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I an not satisfied with the radio I meant. As good of a sound quality the audio system is, as poor of a FM receiver it is. They rebooted and upgraded the software but no change.

I will push the issue further.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just took delivery of 17 Rebel with 8.4NAV traded in my 2014 Big Horn. Next day I noticed I could not open Pandora, Slacker, other APPS that my 14 Ram had.

Quick call to Uconnect - Oh we don't offer that anymore because its already on your phone, OH SO IM SUPPOSED to now handle my cell phone while driving because you decided to take the useful apps off the system ?

Very pissed RAM owner

·
Registered
19 Posts
Apple Car Play

I have a Rebel made in early September and being told that it may be possible to update to Apple Car Play is this true ?

Im still very upset that they removed Padora, Slacker, Etc from my system now I have to handle my phone while driving which isn't safe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just took delivery of 17 Rebel with 8.4NAV traded in my 2014 Big Horn. Next day I noticed I could not open Pandora, Slacker, other APPS that my 14 Ram had.

Quick call to Uconnect - Oh we don't offer that anymore because its already on your phone, OH SO IM SUPPOSED to now handle my cell phone while driving because you decided to take the useful apps off the system ?

Very pissed RAM owner
Ahhhhh! Well that explains it! That's one of the first things I looked for when I got in my new truck (The Pandora app). That pisses me off that they removed the app from the radio unit! I'll find out where to submit complaints about that. Not like it's going to change anything, but still...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good Luck with that I called UConnect the lady was VERY RUDE to me in explaning that its on my phone and that I can use the phone to connect to the truck and listen to Pandora.

I explained the safety aspect and how not having to touch my phone during driving was best for all us of and she couldnt of give two craps about it and told me well thats the way it is.

I also asked about Apple Car play and blatantly got told You wont get that in your truck, even with updates.

PISSED OFF 3rd time RAM owner maybe last now since Chevy, GMC, FORD all have awesome in car infotainment systems that seem to RIVAL Chrysler.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not to stir the pot, but I bought my truck to be entertained by driving in it... wasn't expecting a total home theatre experience.

BUT! The lack of connectivity options is embarrassing for a manufacturer in this day and age.

I love the jab about the inaccurate gas gauge, even more embarrassing for a manufacturer in this day. That grinds my gears the most.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love the jab about the inaccurate gas gauge, even more embarrassing for a manufacturer in this day. That grinds my gears the most.
This is absolutely uncalled for. The fix for it going on a year now without any resolution. Simply mind numbing a major manufacturer can not get a fuel gauge to work properly. Then again, Fiat is Italy's least reliable maker who partnered with Dodge, America's least reliable maker... what should I have expected? Miss my Fords more every day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts