Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you start the truck, does the uconnect always show on the screen? something about accepting the rules, etc. but yet you don't have to touch it cause then it will just go to the radio? I mean, I own the truck since October, do I have to see this screen all the time?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? I was hoping you'd tell me all I had to do was "blah blah blah" and it would disappear! Eh no such luck.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yeah. I don't like the stupid "accept my rules" feature at all. It should be turned off once you've been through it, until a system upgrade. And music mute and screen darkening should be persistent.

When it comes to controls and ergonomics, Ram and FCA are just sorta clueless. It's like they don't test these on actual people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Insurance company probably requires it to show up at every start. I don't even notice it anymore.

Not the insurance company but FCA and the radio manufacturer itself. To many lawsuits from people who didn't get told not to be idiots so now we all get told not to be idiots every time we start the truck.

The real idiots are the judges who let these lawsuits go instead of exercising some common sense.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not the insurance company but FCA and the radio manufacturer itself. To many lawsuits from people who didn't get told not to be idiots so now we all get told not to be idiots every time we start the truck.

The real idiots are the judges who let these lawsuits go instead of exercising some common sense.
That's my point. Then the insurance carrier requires the alert at every engine start to shift liability to the user vs. the manufacturer and it probably lowers FCA's premiums.

·
Registered
3 Posts

That's my point. Then the insurance carrier requires the alert at every engine start to shift liability to the user vs. the manufacturer and it probably lowers FCA's premiums.

The level of stupidity really is beyond belief with this kind of stuff. The other day my wife showed me her new curling iron for doing her hair. Imprinted on the hot end were the words "Caution:do not handle iron using this area while hot". I mean really? The company was either forced to or agreed to add that as a result of someone who sued after burning themselves grabbing the hot end of a curling iron.

That judge should have dismissed the case and said "well...you won't do that again now will you?" Stupid cannot be cured.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I doubt the insurance company requires anything, tbh. Probably the insurance contracts require that all products sold have appropriate cautionary labeling. How that's interpreted by the company that makes the product varies by the company. Often that will involve either some safety engineer or some legal genius. (mild sarcasm)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts