• Mono

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah just learned that you can option the Rebel with wither mono or two tone paint work...

Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think many trucks can pull off the two-tone look, but it works on the Rebel. It's different, and I've never owned a two-tone truck, so I'm excited to go with the two-tone option. I think it adds a bit of road presence too.

From a design standpoint, the line through the side of the truck will reduce the visual height when viewed from the side. I think that enhances the design.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't think many trucks can pull off the two-tone look, but it works on the Rebel. It's different, and I've never owned a two-tone truck, so I'm excited to go with the two-tone option. I think it adds a bit of road presence too.

From a design standpoint, the line through the side of the truck will reduce the visual height when viewed from the side. I think that enhances the design.
The two tone look plays into its ruggedness.

And this would be one of those times I consider it.

With any other RAM, i rather keep it clean.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think I prefer it without the black trim on the bottom of the doors. It's kinda hard to tell though. I think it also depends on the exterior color that you go for.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually I'm really into the two tone white as well, matches the front and rear bumpers. paint will still pop once you get it dirty...

·
Registered
462 Posts
some folks might even want to get the black fender trim in the same color as the body and i think that can be wrapped with the exact white or a similar white.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased last week, but when mine gets here i think i'm going to bring it to get the lower black painted on. I think it adds to the Rebel's badass and rugged look

·
Registered
97 Posts
My son has a silver Rebel with the black lower and I have a red Rebel without. Mine to my eye has a tall body from the rocker panels (bottom) to the windows when viewed from the side. The black on his visually reduces that height and makes the truck look more lean. I much prefer the look of his. Try to look at one of each on a dealer lot somewhere or if you have a couple of friends with Rebels and judge for yourself. You can see it in the OPs photos but is more obvious in person. I purchased off the lot and that is how it came, I could paint it but probably won't bother. Both trucks look great but I do think his looks better. Not sure how flat black would look, I like the stock gloss on his.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ran out of edit time. In short the black, to me, reduces the height of the body side top to bottom and makes the truck look higher off the ground. Looks good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My truck has side steps and son's doesn't so that may add to the illusion of a tallish body (beltline?) At any rate to my eye they look a lot better with the black accent with or without side steps To each their own though.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Two tone! Personal preference though. Both are good looking options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would go with 2 tone in any color, but get them to do the rockers in Brilliant Black, and get the Brilliant black rockers extended all the way up to the top of the truck, and make sure they paint the hood and roof brilliant black too, if you do that....2 tone in any color would look sick.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the 2 tone but I didn't have a choice when I bought mine. I think I'm going to just spray the lower sides with black plasti-dip. Then I can live with it for a while and see how I like it before having it professionally painted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts