Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
There's a bunch of youtube videos that show how to do it. They say it doesn't work on a 2016, though. Some of us just bought short seat belt extenders for when we need it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt chime?
you can turn it off, I have mine turned off. It still will display the notification.. but the chime is gone..

Buckle up with the truck off.

Turn the truck to RUN without starting it
wait for the seatbelt light to go out
unbluckle and rebuckle 3 times.
turn truck to off (and note the one chime when doing that)

it's now off..

to turn it back on, do it again...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes. I have a 15, not a 16, so I can't speak directly to it. But one guy in the other forum says: "Yea this does not work, this are the steps for the 14-15 rams. I have tried this multiple times, it doesn't work because the beginning of the step says wait for the seatbelt icon to go off, well in the 16 rebel it does not go off."

Here's the actual forum thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes. I have a 15, not a 16, so I can't speak directly to it. But one guy in the other forum says: "Yea this does not work, this are the steps for the 14-15 rams. I have tried this multiple times, it doesn't work because the beginning of the step says wait for the seatbelt icon to go off, well in the 16 rebel it does not go off."

Here's the actual forum thread.
Mine is a 16.. the chime does stop.. But I don't drive around with my seatbelt off.. so wouldn't have cared even if it didn't work. :) I mainly went out to turn it off to see if it still works on my 2016.. and it did just as expected. Maybe mine is special then.. dunno.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Works in my 15 but it didn't chyme at the end of the sequence as it did on my other Ram or GC. If the seat belt light didn't go off, I'd guess the sequence wasn't started with it buckled.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Works in my 15 but it didn't chyme at the end of the sequence as it did on my other Ram or GC. If the seat belt light didn't go off, I'd guess the sequence wasn't started with it buckled.
Yup, inability to follow instructions. It worked fine on my 2016. Here are the instructions from the referenced thread that I used.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yup, inability to follow instructions. It worked fine on my 2016. Here are the instructions from the referenced thread that I used.
yes,., I had posted that in a few places.. but I guess it's a bit tricky..

the post on ramrebel.org I also posted a bunch of videos I found doing just what I described.. it's nothing new.. has worked in all of my dodge cars and in the new 2016 truck. :)

**** Warnings | Ram Rebel Forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts