Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to hear some reports on how much the Rebel or 2015+ 1500 Rams responds to a tune from a Diablosport or equal tuner.
I had a SuperChips tuner in my 2007 Ram, and it was wonderful with the transmission programming update. I also had a Diablosport I-1000-DXC tuner in my Challenger and it was even better. I do not want to spend $1,000 on a new PCM and tuner if all I will be able to do is turn the MDS off, and clear codes. I do not care about changing gear ratios, tire size, or changing the shift rpm points.
What I want to do is what the other two tuners did for me.
Turn the MDS off
Reduce or eliminate the torque management
Deduce or eliminate the throttle lag
Improve the shift firmness.
Rear and clear codes, if needed
I do not think it will be a tire barker when shifting from first to second, like the other auto's did , but I would like to feel some kind of a shift firmness. I am not a fan of how soft this 8 speed trans shifts.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Gotta love how they put the disclaimer that it's not street legal and should be used on racing cars, but that's not going to happen. Can't wait for your review of the procharger.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anybody know how the diablo tuner effects the air suspension or is it simply plug and play
I can say that the tuner is plug and play if you have a 2014 or older truck, so you will need a unlocked PCM for the newer trucks. And it is for the engine and transmission only. It has nothing to do with the air suspension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks for the info. i keep seeing this unlocked pcm popping i know that it is the oem pcm that has been unlocked do i still need to do this if i buy the diablo pcm, or am i fine just getting the diablo pcm buy its self.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you buy the diablo PCM...you unbolt your stock one and plug that one it.
Then you buy the programmer and install the tune.

This is what did/am doing.

I have second PCM in the truck and have been running with a 93 tune from Diablo for about a week. Tomorrow I am setting it back to stock and installed the super charger...then I will download and install that tune ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks again new to v-8 tuning and building dodgestang if its all right can i message you directly for questions since im thinking about going in the same direction that you are going

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your truck sure is looking and sounding great. I am sure it hard to tell with the additional torque, But it the transmission still shifting firm with no throttle lag?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Assuming this is directed towards me....

If you listen to my burn out video in the build thread I put up you can here it pulling the throttle back with each shift......so....no. It would pull the throttle, which drops my boost level, and then it would need to tach up again.....it gets better after 3rd.
The tuner does nothing for torque management. You can turn off MDS though.

You can get it shift better by manually shifting it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts