Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would like to get your feedback on the Toyo tires in snow, I will get my 2017 Rebel tomorrow and was wondering if I will have to change the tires !

They are 285/70/17

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
They don't do me any good in the snow. Even in the rain, I slide around quite a bite.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
i never had any issues when we had 24+ inches last year over a weekend.
24" of wet snow or fluffy snow? I feel like there is a difference when it comes to traction. The loose snow I can truck through but most of the time where I live, we get wet and heavy snow and all my tires do is spin. I'm going to be getting a set of BFG KO2s before the snow starts flying. They are a much better snow tire.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The type of snow definitely makes a huge difference. If it's that "packing snow", pretty much screwed in a nutshell lol.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Yeah, I think it's all relative to what your road conditions are. I tell you what though, compared to BFG KO2's, the Toyo AT2s are terrible. KO2's are M/S (mud and snow rated) and sever snow flake rated while the Toyo ATs are just m/s rated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just swapped to the KO2's. What PSI are you guys running?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I've just kept with the factory specs. 55 front 45 rear. When I tow heavy though I'll add 10 to 15 lbs.

Reactions: MIARebel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Last year I ran the TOyo tires. This year I switched to K02, there is a big difference in the snow. I am glad I switched.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
First thing I did was have my Toyos siped. Makes a big difference.
I'm curious as to what they looked like with additional sipes cut into them. Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Bought KO2's, had 2 snow storms since and they work great !

Here in Quebec you must have winter tires from December 15th to march 15. If you are in an accident and do not have them
installed you will be held responsible for the accident even if the other driver is responsible for the accident !!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just decided to dump the Toyos. This was our second good snow and they are awful. Was going to go to KO2, but my local tire shop owner had those on his F150 and just swapped them out for Kumho AT51. He was much happier. So I am putting those on on Monday. There is a 30 day ride trial period. If they don't perform as advertised I will go to the Ko2, but he was absolutely sure I should try them first. Also changing to 35/70x17. they also come with a 55k mileage warranty...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've run both the Toyo AC A/T IIs and the BFG KO2s in my '16 in the mountains in Colorado. BFGs are quieter, more stable ride and better offroad/snow traction. Only upside on the Toyos is that they come with a 50k mile tread life warranty which is nearly unheard of for an A/T tire. I plan on burning off my current Toyos with the diesel torque and my Green Diesel Engineering Tune ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts