Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..I am new to Ram and was wondering about rust. I saw a Ram on the road today that didn't look too old, but had a decent amount of rust around the wheel wells. What's the skinny on the Ram...are they rust prone? Any more so than other brands?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Older rams were/are notorious for rust. I lucked out and the older Rams I had were all from the South. Specifically my 2007 2500 was from Texas and it didn't have a lick of rust on it. Even the frame and drive train was still black with no surface rust. After 2 winters (and some mud somewhere between) it rusted out. I was good at keeping it clean and when I traded it in, she had little bubbles around the fender flares. The newer Rams are better with rust though. Although, any vehicle will rust eventually.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Washing is indeed a good thing to do. I always make sure to hit up the local coin car wash, drop in $5 and I can get my rig clean enough underneath, along with the body, the crap you see left after is a big wake up call. Even the crap left before by other folks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.