Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM fans, you can thank Lingenfelter for bringing their version of a "GM version of the Ford Raptor" to life right here:

Renown tuner Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and Southern Comfort Automotive birthed their idea for a “GM version of the Ford Raptor” as the Chevy Reaper some months ago. Cool concept, egregiously ugly. Now they’ve rectified that with a stately GMC version.

The wheels could still stand to be a little smaller and... unshinier... but I love the way that lean winch bumper blends into the GMC’s existing lines and looks the business without being all obnoxious about it.

I guess there’s a little irony in wanting a subtly-styled performance pickup truck... but whatever, this thing is speaking my language and I’d take a Denali interior over the current Raptor’s for long desert hauls any day. Make mine white with black trim and a debadged grille and we’ve got the ultimate Baja party hopper! I mean, dune blaster. (I mean los dos!)

Image via Lingenfelter
- Originally seen on Jalopnik.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The front end does look well put together on this GMC, much more aggressive look but clean at the same time. I would definitely buy something that looks like this.

Do you think Chevy will eventually come out with something similar to this to compete with the Ford Raptor?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't think that the design really lives up to the design of competitors like the Rebel and Raptor. I find everything a little too boxy for my taste.

·
Registered
555 Posts
GM needs to jump on this idea.

But while they do they'll need to come up with some distinctive look much like what RAM and Ford has been doing, something Lingenfelter should have tried, even if it was their own custom OEM-looking grill.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It's almost like this vehicle is limited by GMC's design language though. They need to step outside the box a bit because GMC has very conservative and boxy styling. It just needs to turn things up one notch in my opinion. Maybe just something different with the headlights or a slight change to the grille would do it. Not heavy handed, just a nice light touch.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's almost like this vehicle is limited by GMC's design language though. They need to step outside the box a bit because GMC has very conservative and boxy styling. It just needs to turn things up one notch in my opinion. Maybe just something different with the headlights or a slight change to the grille would do it. Not heavy handed, just a nice light touch.
That's irrelevant.

If GMC's design is so limiting as you claim then RAM's design is limiting, F-Series design is limiting.... but yet look what they came out with.

Exactly how is their design limiting? What will it NOT let them do? and what's so different about them then RAM or Ford?

·
Registered
510 Posts
That's irrelevant.

If GMC's design is so limiting as you claim then RAM's design is limiting, F-Series design is limiting.... but yet look what they came out with.

Exactly how is their design limiting? What will it NOT let them do? and what's so different about them then RAM or Ford?
OK, obviously you disagree.

I just find GMC's design language to be a bit boxy and structured. I don't think it has as much room for experimentation like Ram does. I don't think that GMC pushes the boundaries as much as it could.

I would change my mind if I saw a GMC design that looked a bit more outside of the box. Show me a new grille design, or something that shows a little more risk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OK, obviously you disagree.

Show me a new grille design, or something that shows a little more risk.[
Colorado z71........ It's just a preference, I myself don't like what Chevy has done with there big trucks compared to the ram and ford. That's why I was mabey looking at this rebel this fall. Can't wait to hear how the test driving goes this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts