Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, how is everybody? Just picked up my Rebel in Oct '16. Was given one of those tailgate light bars for X-mas. Looks pretty cool, waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer before I install it. What did you do about the spare tire access hole under the gate, just cover it with the lightbar ? Seems kind of stupid if you get a flat and need the spare. Or is there enough room to run the lightbar around the hole? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yo. Has anybody installed on of these litebars? Need to know how you got around the access hole for the jack without making the lightbar look like a drunk put it on. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to get the bar and discovered the same problem. I have seen a few trucks with short bars on each side, leaving the center open. I don't really like that look, so I am doing without.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haven't looked at it, but have you considered mounting the light bar to a magnet strip? You could then move it when you need spare tire access.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have mine go right over the hole. I can still get the spare tire down.
I will take a picture tomorrow when the blizzard stops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. Never thought of a magnetic strip. Might just mount it to the top of the tailgate itself, or maybe get a cap for the bed and mount it on the back of that. Options, options, ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts