Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am going to be buying a rebel on Monday, and I was kind of curious, is there a way to by pass the auto adjust when you get over 25mph? Say you wanted to leave the truck in " Off road mode " Even when doin 60-70mph, could you? Or is it set in stone and it adjusts when it thinks its right? Thanks for reading and any help.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
The only thing you can adjust over 25 is the "auto areo mode" which lovers the truck from "normal" mode at sustained speeds of 63 or higher for more than 30 seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if down the road something comes out in the form of a programmer that has the capabilities to pick when the air suspension changes height.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for response, That is kind of lame, but I understand why they do it, for fuel mileage and just a better ride over all. Would just be cool to have the ability to adjust it the exact way you want it whenever you want it.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Yeah I agree. I'm sure someone will eventually come out with something that will allow for that adjustability.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok thanks for response, That is kind of lame, but I understand why they do it, for fuel mileage and just a better ride over all. Would just be cool to have the ability to adjust it the exact way you want it whenever you want it.
I agree! I wish we can keep where we want not matte what speed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah I agree. I'm sure someone will eventually come out with something that will allow for that adjustability.
Right now i'm thinking that we won't see anything go into development just yet since some brands might be waiting for ownership numbers to get higher before slotting in with the solution.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The only adjustment close to what you are talking about is you can turn off Aero mode and it will leave it in "Normal" but i believe i read somewhere its because of alignment & "safety" that Off-road cant be used over a certain speed same thing for the opposite spectrum of Entry /exit

·
Registered
462 Posts
Might be some way around it but that is something I doubt the dealer would do for you since it could cause problems for them, might take going to an independent shop that has the tech to do so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Too bad the off road 2 level is disabled/not permitted on a Rebel. Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seems any other Ram 1500 will rise to the pretty much same maximum level as a Rebel which only starts out with a 1 inch height advantage to begin with, but lacks the last lift increment.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It seems to me that the Rebel OR1 level = standard OR2. And the Rebel Normal level = standard OR1. The Aero level seems to be right about standard Aero. It seems like they took the air shock system and programmed out the "normal" level, which is lower than preferred for normal driving on the Rebel.

If I'm understanding one of the other threads right, the linkage mod that pushes everything up another inch starts to put the shocks out of their sweet spot for ride management, and creates a really rough ride in OR1 mode, which is then 2" above "Rebel normal."

I'm guessing Ram engineers were already aware but were limited to working with existing suspension rather than making changes to it which would have to be recouped by sticker price. Reprogramming the computer slightly was a fair compromise if I'm understanding correctly.

It would be nice to be able to go up another inch or two, but that might have raised the cost of the truck another few thousand for every customer, and going up only that much wouldn't have satisfied the guys that want 3-6" lifts. I haven't noticed anyone talking about a 1 or 2" lift kit so far, everyone that's mentioned them is in the 3+ range. I don't think Ram could have satisfied every guy out there.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm fine with the stock setup. Enthusiasts are always going to want more height for their specific needs regardless of what comes stock on a truck. If and when I change my tires, I suspect I might take advantage of spacers and larger tires but I am more interested in removing or changing speed restrictions than lifting the truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts