1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.. So basically other then the unlocked computer ecm the only easy hp mods are replacing the exhaust and installing a cold air intake maybe a ported throttle body??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the info.. So basically other then the unlocked computer ecm the only easy hp mods are replacing the exhaust and installing a cold air intake maybe a ported throttle body??
You are correct on getting a unlocked pcm with a tuner. I would save my money and not spend it on a cold air intake kit. They have been a talked about for a long time and 95 percent of them will do nothing but make more noise, and in some cases you will loose power. The stock ram intake system is a cold air unit that gets air from outside of the engine compartment. When you stick a big round air filter element in the engine compartment, you will be sucking in hot air. This will contribute to the engine getting heat soaked and power loss.
As far as the throttle body goes, I would send it to Fastman and gave him port it for you. Or get one from him already modified. I had him do the one on my challenger, and it turned out great.
And on your exhaust system is stainless steel and flows great. If anything, I would only replace the muffler if you want a little more sound and a couple more HP.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I do not like to see anyone waist there money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts