Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my Rebel for two weeks now, and I've had nerf bars on my last truck. Now I'm looking into the nerf bar/steps for my Rebel. What do you think looks better. I do like the step look, but wonder since the truck does go lower if it looks right. Looking at the Westin steps and/or the Westin Pro-Traxx. Opinions? Pictures?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read that post every day, studied it etc. Not too many "steps" look, at least not from far away. My question was a bit different. I want people to post a pic from a distance, not close up,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everything. Since I made some calls to different sources, even someone local (buy local!) well the person that was the farthest got back to me and really helped me out and had something in stock and installing Saturday! I ended up with the Iron Cross HD Steps. American Made and long lasting! Will post pictures after this weekend.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks for everything. Since I made some calls to different sources, even someone local (buy local!) well the person that was the farthest got back to me and really helped me out and had something in stock and installing Saturday! I ended up with the Iron Cross HD Steps. American Made and long lasting! Will post pictures after this weekend.
Glad you ended up getting the help you were looking for. I'll be looking forward to seeing some pictures to see exactly what you have ended up going with.

American made is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I really like the N-Fab nerf bars, so I contacted them in early October when I got my Rebel. My truck has the pre-installed 8mm nuts at each mounting hole, and the air suspension bracket in the way on the left front.

I sent N-Fab the info that people posted in these forums on the changes to the mounting points and the air suspension bracket with them. I also sent them photos of everything underneath. N-Fab's mounting setup would require cutting one of their mounting plates where it conflicts with the air suspension bracket. I really didn't want to do that, mostly because I didn't want to introduce a possible new point of corrosion if I didn't get the area sealed up well. I live up near Chicago and salt in the winter here is pure **** on undercarriages.

N-Fab looked at all I sent and told me to contact them back in 30 days for a version to fit the 2015 and newer models. I do see on their web site that they now have a version of their bars for "2015.5-2016" so I think they've addressed the change. I've sent the contact an email this morning to verify.

Their site is Manufacturers of high quality Nerf Steps, Prerunners, Harley Bars, Light Bars, Replacement Front Bumpers, Rock Rails, Rear Runners, Tire Carriers & Truck Accessories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts