Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Rebel but hate that the brakes squeak. Rear brakes squeak, drives me nuts. Only 20,000 miles on it. Did it once around 10,000 miles, brought it to the dealer. They did something and it stopped. About 10,000 after that they started again. Brought it back to dealer. They said they did something but it still squeaks. A $55,000 vehicle shouldn't have its brakes squeak every 10,000 miles. I can't stand driving it, if I don't figure out what is causing it soon I'm trading it.
I was told brakes are fine. Don't seem to be getting any place with the Dealership. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I feel ya. My brakes squeek, groan, moan and make all kinds of noises, started right at the 1,500 mile mark. However, every Mopar product I have driven has done the same.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Take a look at your rotors before you drive it the next few times. In spring weather especially, moisture can cause a very light coat of rust on the rotors overnight, and that will cause sqeaking. It can be hard to see but you can sometimes rub it off on your fingertip. (Don't try that after you just drove, hot brakes will burn you!) If that's happening, there's not a lot you can do about it. Rotors are always been worn/polished down as you brake, so they're always going to be bare metal exposed to the elements.

There are of course other things that can cause it, but this is probably one of the most common causes of brake sqeak/squeal. At least you can eliminate it if you don't see any rust over a few days of watching it and still have the noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts