Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
We purchased a 2017 Rebel a couple of weeks ago. I have it set to where if I go 3 miles over the speed limit, it makes an announcement. I'm finding that the system is not in sync with the speed limits. When I'm in a 50mph zone, and I'm doing 48, it keeps telling me that the speed limit is 45. Does anyone know how I can update, sync or whatever it is that I need to do to fix this?
thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find my nav unit to be accurate to the posted speed limits. I have it giving me warnings at 12 MPH over now. I tried 9 MPh, but it got annoying. I'm not a speed demon, but traffic flows at 5-10 mph over the posted speed limit here in the Seattle area.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Nope, just don't use it. We have gps trackers in our trucks and a good part of the time they're off from what the speed actually is and they're ran off of google maps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are talking about the Nav unit being off as far as posted speed limits that is because when they create the map software sometimes they are a couple of years behind. You can purchase an update from the software manufacturer of the nav unit but it will cost about $150.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts