Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a used 2016 Rebel with 18,000 miles on it. I am currently in a 2015 GMC Sierra. I was ready to drop the hammer on this deal when I realized that this truck does NOT have the anti-spin differential. What a let down... Why in the world do they even make a 4x4 with an open differential? Makes no sense to me. Crap. Has anyone put an aftermarket Limited Slip/Anti-Spin/Locking differential in one of these? How much did it cost? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I believe the LSD was an option on my '16. Became a standard feature the next year perhaps. Might be incorrect - on the road and don't have access to my window sticker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i just joined here, im about to pick it up this week. 2018 blue streak. im looking at the sticker and found nothing even went to ramtrucks to build the differential is not showing. i believe and i hope it was a standard on the new Rebel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
fpdsniper. On my window sticker the LSD is listed as a $370 option. You should be able to get a build sheet from Ram. Hope it does, did you purchase or not? There is a thread either here or the other Rebel board about someone who did install after purchase. Also so discussions about who makes after market Difs for our trucks.

ad78. I think they are standard now but.... not positive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 16 didn't come with LSD either and initially I was disappointed that I was missing something I absolutely needed. A year later and I don't miss it at all. I've done minor off-road trails and have been in the snow a lot. As my daily driver I don't see a problem without having it, it's not like I'm going to rock crawl a huge brand new truck anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts