Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had seen a thread the other day where people were talking about changing out the shift knob to a RC Truck tire and wheel. Well I done it. I am searching other wheel options and different ways to attach it but this works for now, and looks pretty cool.

I added a washer to look like a caliper

·
Registered
660 Posts
Very close to what I was looking at back in the winter. (I got sick and then we went on vacation and I forgot about it.) What size is the hex shaft coming out of the dash plate? That was one of 2 numbers I didn't know. I also needed to know how far the shaft sticks out of the plate, in order to determine the offset for the knob. Basically, I wanted a knob that looks just like the Rebel wheels and tires, and that would fit into the indentation just like the stock knob. I was also wanting it to be solid, not a soft rubber tire, so you always get a good grip on it when shifting.

Because I forgot about it, I didn't get around to going out in the cold weather and pulling off the stock knob.

Nice job!

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's actually super cool, I have never thought about doing something like that before ! Pretty smart to add that washer on the back to look like a rotor as well ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts