Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed the Ram letters from the back. ***Note this does take body work to get rid of the holes they leave behind. Don't remove them expecting this...

Also had a new spare tire hoist bracket made to accommodate the factory Rebel wheel and add a lock.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is something I've been waiting to see someone do. There's something about the big obnoxious RAM on the back of the truck that bothers me. This looks clean as ever !

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Ya know, when I first got my Rebel, I didn't like the RAM across that tailgate but I have definitely gotten use to it and I think I'm going to keep it. I almost traded a co-worker his tailgate (matching color) because he wanted the RAM tailgate. From the pictures, it looks like whoever did the work did a clean job!

Reactions: seeareeff

·
Registered
42 Posts
Flawless work from the body shop, wouldn't even know there used to be holes there if we weren't familiar with what's under the Ram badge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That looks fantastic- I think about doing it nearly every time I see the back of my truck- thanks for a great example!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! After a few days I have no regrets and think it looks great. I added the black 4x4 badge back but that's it. Everyone who has seen it likes it a lot, since when mentioning my truck the big RAM is what everyone would ask about and sorta make a face. I didn't like it at all at first either, but honestly it and the red interior grew on me. Looks like an old school power wagon decal.

But now that it's gone it brings out the lines of the tailgate, which I noticed are different than regular rams. My friend is now wanting to do the same thing but his Laramie tailgate is a little different design...

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Thanks everyone! After a few days I have no regrets and think it looks great. I added the black 4x4 badge back but that's it. Everyone who has seen it likes it a lot, since when mentioning my truck the big RAM is what everyone would ask about and sorta make a face. I didn't like it at all at first either, but honestly it and the red interior grew on me. Looks like an old school power wagon decal.

But now that it's gone it brings out the lines of the tailgate, which I noticed are different than regular rams. My friend is now wanting to do the same thing but his Laramie tailgate is a little different design...
Wow. I wouldn't have ever noticed that the tailgate is different than other rams. After seeing the pictures in this thread, it's obvious now. I guess the RAM insignia on the back kind of hides the differences. Good Catch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts