Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have my 2017 Rebel for 4 days and I get this message. "service air suspension system"

Has anyone else had this ?

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Nope! Not yet anyways. Have you done anything to the truck? Like aftermarket or adjustable lift links? Have you overloaded the truck?

·
Registered
660 Posts
There have been a few cases of the Ram air suspension system failing early on due to a sensor failure or the control module itself. Electronics, if they're going to fail, fail more often in the first weeks of use, or tend to last years before failure. Regardless, all those parts are covered under the warranty. It's just going to be an annoyance for you.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Best to just get extended warranty with a pickup like the Rebel. If the suspension system fails outside of the factory warranty, it's going to cost an arm and a leg to fix.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Best to just get extended warranty with a pickup like the Rebel. If the suspension system fails outside of the factory warranty, it's going to cost an arm and a leg to fix.
Or, if it fails after warranty, that would be the perfect time to throw in a standard lift kit! Probably would cost less. :)

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Or, if it fails after warranty, that would be the perfect time to throw in a standard lift kit! Probably would cost less. :)
Agreed. Air Suspension replacement kits/parts are expansive. A rookie in my tire shop at work blew one on a Ram and it was almost a 2k job to replace the rear bags.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally, it was a loose connection on a sensor, took 5 minutes to fix and I do have the extended warranty !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Me Too!

Hey All,
I have also received a air suspension service message as well as a service electronic steering system. This has happened on two separate occasions. One in early December, and again yesterday when I parked at work. Yet when I left work the messages were gone. I had contacted the dealer and he made an off hand comment of a possible software glitch. I have an appointment next week Wednesday to get it look at. A full day evolution but I may just chase down the sensors and see if they are loose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally, it was a loose connection on a sensor, took 5 minutes to fix and I do have the extended warranty !
Hey Ben, check out the extended warranty available through mopar / chrysler. My quote for lifetime warranty was 3k and they offered me 2 hundred less after a few weeks. 2.8k is a good deal if you intend on keeping this truck for a while. You can actual purchase the lifetime warranty as long as the vehicle is in standard factory warranty. I believe also you can purchase extended warranty as long as the vehical has less than 48k miles.

www.[B]chryslerwarranty[/B]s.com/lifetime_warranty.cfm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Ben, check out the extended warranty available through mopar / chrysler. My quote for lifetime warranty was 3k and they offered me 2 hundred less after a few weeks. 2.8k is a good deal if you intend on keeping this truck for a while. You can actual purchase the lifetime warranty as long as the vehicle is in standard factory warranty. I believe also you can purchase extended warranty as long as the vehical has less than 48k miles.

www.chryslerwarrantys.com/lifetime_warranty.cfm
They actually gave me a 2 year extended warranty when I bought it (5 years bumper to bumper) and I usually change my vehicles every 4 to 5 years.
I do not know if the lifetime warranty is available here in Canada but I will verify

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had that same message, then it went away when it sat for a couple days. When it came back, I couldn't adjust my height or set the cruise control because one of the ride height sensors was bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same message after a few days and with less than a few hundred miles on a brand new truck

Been in the dealer once and was told they done a full check of system , sensors and nothing found. They also mentioned they drove the truck and never seen the message.. I drove away from dealership and message came up again after 2 miles..Of course service department was closed :)

Truck back in for a second time and they have mentioned that a compressor unit is overheating within 2 miles of driving , need to order a new unit , none in stock.. Very frustrating , feel like this shouldn't happen to a new truck at this price.. regretting buying it now

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have had the same message after a few days and with less than a few hundred miles on a brand new truck

Been in the dealer once and was told they done a full check of system , sensors and nothing found. They also mentioned they drove the truck and never seen the message.. I drove away from dealership and message came up again after 2 miles..Of course service department was closed :)

Truck back in for a second time and they have mentioned that a compressor unit is overheating within 2 miles of driving , need to order a new unit , none in stock.. Very frustrating , feel like this shouldn't happen to a new truck at this price.. regretting buying it now
Unfortunately we're all finding out too late that the air ride just isn't as refined a system as we all hope. Either bad design or bad parts supplier, something about it smells of corporate laziness and greed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts