Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the silver and black 2019. I am going to put paint protection on the rocker panels and lower sections of the doors. Everything on the truck is a matte black minus the two toned part that is gloss black. I just purchased the Nfab epyx steps which as closer to a matte finish not gloss. So the big debate is put standard paint protection over the black on the rockers and doors so it remains glossy. Or install the Xpel stealth (matte look) which will make the painted section match my steps fender flares and bumpers? I think giving it the matte look will make the truck look more towards the rugged side where as keeping it glossy makes it look classier !? I pulled the steps off of it to make installing the paint protection easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'd probably leave it glossy since the rest of the paint on the truck is glossy. But it would look fine if you went with the matte too. My decision would hinge on how clean you keep your truck. If you're going off-road a lot and leaving her dirty I'd go with matte. If you're constantly washing and detailing your truck then keep it gloss. Honestly it's a subtle thing. You're probably the only one who will even notice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, Im not one to detail my truck on the regular but I do run it through the car wash. I installed the matte PPF from xpel this evening. Looks good, gives it more of a rugged look. Once I installed the Nfab steps on should be a looker. Ill post up pictures tomorrow when I get done work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts