Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just pick up my Rebel last Saturday. Best truck I've bought. Quick question, how do I protect the seat from my 3 kids. Did anyone try scots guard on the seat yet? I really don't want to cover them I love the look just wanted to know if scots guard is safe or any other alternatives. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello everyone. Just pick up my Rebel last Saturday. Best truck I've bought. Quick question, how do I protect the seat from my 3 kids. Did anyone try scots guard on the seat yet? I really don't want to cover them I love the look just wanted to know if scots guard is safe or any other alternatives. Thanks in advance.
I haven't tried Scotchgard and understand why you don't want to cover them. But I put in these to protect the back from my kids and dogs:

Amazon.com : Dog Seat Cover with Nonslip Backing - Side Flaps - Waterproof - Unconditional Lifetime Warranty : Automotive Pet Seat Covers : Pet Supplies

Works well, and the backseat is still pristine. I love the look of the upholstery, too, but the black blends well and I don't ride back there anyway :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would NEVER Scotch Guard ANYTHING that I, my kids, my dog, or anyone I cared about came into contact with. I realize just about everything from bedding to carpets to automobiles comes from the factory with a chemical cocktail, but why add to it? Not only don't I want them to breath in the vapors, but I don't want my loved ones' skin absorbing toxins either. Some of my friends think I'm crazy, but to each his own! Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have used scotch guard on my bar chairs at home. It works plus its very easy to use. I have not reapplied the scotch guard in prob 2years. I find that once you apply it you are in good shape.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For dogs I use a dog hammock. They work great and keeps the fur from spreading as much. It attaches to the front and rear seat headrest posts and can be unzipped on one side so you can sit a person in the back still if needed.

I have a 95 lbs dog and use it whenever we take her anywhere in the vehicles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't tried Scotchgard and understand why you don't want to cover them. But I put in these to protect the back from my kids and dogs:

Amazon.com : Dog Seat Cover with Nonslip Backing - Side Flaps - Waterproof - Unconditional Lifetime Warranty : Automotive Pet Seat Covers : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : NAC&ZAC Waterproof Pet Car Door Cover, Two Options To Install-Insert The Tabs Or Stick The Velcros. Fit All Vehicles. : Automotive Pet Seat Covers : Pet Supplies

Works well, and the backseat is still pristine. I love the look of the upholstery, too, but the black blends well and I don't ride back there anyway :)
Those are the Door Guards i use i just went with the Hamock Style for the back seat. The Rebel Rides so smooth my dog tends to fall asleep on long trips the hamock keeps him from rolling off the seat lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts