Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the seatbelt assembly on left driver's top panel rattles when I drive the truck (the plastic bracket holding the seatbelt in the left panel). I took it into the dealer twice and they are said it should rattle; however, I can never hear the passenger's assembly rattle even though it is also a little loose. In addition, I took in because when I lower the truck I hear some slight metallic grinding sounds, which also occur when I push down on the bed when the truck is lowered all the way, and the dealer is also saying that is normal noise from the airbag in the suspension. Again, why doesn't the right side do that as well.

Are these issues/concerns normal and what should I do? They said that manager drove it and it is as designed? Does FCA just not want to fix things such as rattles and noises? I expect FCA to have attention to detail at this price range.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't noticed any of those issues on my Rebel. The response sounds a little fishy to me. Can you try another dealer for a second opinion?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'd definitely try another dealership. I've taken my truck to another for a second opinion and got a totally different answer. I just tried to get my truck to do what your suspension does and I couldn't get it to replicate the noise. Something doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
451 Posts
100% go to another dealer. Do not stop until you are satisfied. I simply mentioned going to another shop the last time I had a problem and their attitude and attention did a complete 180. I have been in for a few rattles and all have been addressed and fixed. I never expect perfection from the factory, these aren't Bentleys or Lambos, but I do expect perfect service. There is NO excuse in that department. It shouldn't matter if you have a high end Ram or not, every issue should be rectified to the customers satisfaction.

Don't let them sell you some BS, be firm but not obnoxious. The calm but firm attitude always wins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So they changed the plastic part in top left corner that the seatbelt connects to - the part that slides up and down to adjust height; however, no go. Still rattles when the plastic part is moved up all the way to raise the seatbelt. They also forgot to connect some cables so had to take in again because airbag light came on. Any ideas? It is a little frustrating that in 2017, FCA cannot design a seatbelt assembly that does not rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts