Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Mopar air deflectors added to my truck when I bought it, one is now cracked (drivers window) and the dealer is telling me that I have to buy the whole set in order to replace it.
Is this true? Can I just buy one?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wasn't there a part/installation warranty?

Those things are usually pretty durable. The sets I've had in the past lasted for years. But yeah, they come in pairs. What did they charge you for them? They range on the web from $60 to $120. In-channel versions are usually cheapest. Most expensive are chromed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No charge, free with purchase. Problem was when I had the windows tinted I was told they had to come off to tint the windows. Broke one taking it off.
Was told I can't even buy two, need to buy the set for a crew or a quad cab because the regular cab doors are different size then the others. Which is true. The guy who tinted my windows (who broke the deflector) bought me AVS deflectors for a regular cab and they don't fit. Plus they are crap compared to the Mopar ones.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'd take that set the tint guy gave you back to him and talk to him. He's responsible for what he broke. He can replace with the correct Mopar deflector, and he can keep the 3 good ones in case he breaks another one for another customer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with John. Who ever did your tinting should pay for the replacement. I had my windows tinted and they did not have to remove the in-channel vent visors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here's the thing. A friends nephew did it for me (college kid) he didn't charge me that much. I know he felt bad breaking it and bought the AVS visors set to replace the broken one. Even though its for a regular cab, I'm sure he didn't know the doors are different. I still have the AVS visors.
If I had it done at a shop I would be pushing for them to buy the correct visor but I don't want to do that to this kid.
I was just hoping that I could buy one visor not the complete set.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Might check with local Ram dealers and see if any of them have a partial set from another repair job???

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the Mopar air deflectors added to my truck when I bought it, one is now cracked (drivers window) and the dealer is telling me that I have to buy the whole set in order to replace it.
Is this true? Can I just buy one?
Been down this road before. You'll haveta buy the set. Not much way around it. If you want an aftermarket set I can hook you up with a good price. I can't get factory Mopar stuff at much discount though. Shoot me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been down this road before. You'll haveta buy the set. Not much way around it. If you want an aftermarket set I can hook you up with a good price. I can't get factory Mopar stuff at much discount though. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Thanks, Probably will take you up on that when the weather gets nicer up here. For now I glued the broken end piece back together but it drives me nuts because it's on the drivers side and I see it every time I get in. Wife says she can't notice the difference but because I know it's there I see it all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts