Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i ordered my Borla S-type exhaust. Should have it early next week and installed. I am up on the fence about removing the resonators. My research online is coming up with a lot of commonalities, aside from the louder exhaust, that removing it can trip a lot of the electronic systems in the motor i.e. MAF readings.

Would like to get some input from others on the site about advantages/disadvantages (aside from louder exhaust - this could be good or bad for some). I am more concerned with long term impact on the motor with removing the resonator.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So i ordered my Borla S-type exhaust. Should have it early next week and installed. I am up on the fence about removing the resonators. My research online is coming up with a lot of commonalities, aside from the louder exhaust, that removing it can trip a lot of the electronic systems in the motor i.e. MAF readings.

Would like to get some input from others on the site about advantages/disadvantages (aside from louder exhaust - this could be good or bad for some). I am more concerned with long term impact on the motor with removing the resonator.
I would never remove the resonators from anything I drive because without them you will have a real bad case of drone. But if you disable the stupid MDS, it will not be as bad.
The hot ticket with the Challenger was to keep the stock mufflers as they are a straight through design, and install a small Magnaflow muffler where the resonators are. (Axle back Kit) Maybe you could replace the muffler, and if you want a little more sound, check into having the muffler shop replace the resonators with small Magnaflows.
So far, I like the stock sound on my Rebel. Maybe after driving cars and trucks with loud exhaust systems since 1970, I am ready for a lower exhaust note now.
And as far as hurting the engine, anything after the cats will not hurt anything even the warranty. Once you mess with the cats and exhaust manifolds, then you will run into problems with codes showing up and other issues, unless you have a tuner.

Reactions: MarkMo
1 - 2 of 2 Posts