Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when I test drove my Rebel the other day it didn't have a remote starter. When I made the deal, I wanted a remote starter installed. It was added to the paperwork. Said they didn't have them In stock. They were on backorder. Ok. No big deal, let me know when they come in. When I picked it up yesterday, they said they took it off my price and they couldn't install it. Something to do with the air suspension. But they said it could be installed by one of the local installers. Anyone have any insight on this? I miss my remote starter!!!

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Sounds like BS to me. I have remote start on my Rebel and obviously I have the factory air suspension. It's a separate button on the key fob to start. I can't see that having air suspension would limit the use of the factory remote start system considering they can come like that from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
451 Posts
Lazy dealer. You have my sympathy. Just know that I have found after market remotes have double if not triple the range of the stock remote start. I find myself often, within a 100 feet of my truck, shaking my head because it won't start. Still nice to have!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Long standing complaint by people that have tried to have the remote start added as a dealer change. There are threads on this in both Rebel forums. To my knowledge, no one that has reported this has ever been able to get the factory remote start added after the fact. According to the dealers and Ram / FCA, there is a technical incompatibility of some sort in the way things are installed.

I have no idea what the problem could be, but it might be that they use a different control unit or something to support the factory remote start.

If it's a deal killer for you, you can order a Rebel with the option, or buy one off a lot that already has it, or install a 3rd party device.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts