Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealer has only these 2 colors exact same options. Both are 2 tone. Also any rebels with rambox and how do u like it? i ask because i cant find a rebel with that option anywhere.

·
Registered
126 Posts
for me the rambox did not make much sense. I did not want to give up the space to a storage compartment. I had no use for it. My personal opinion is that the rambox eats into too much of bed space. I bought a red/black rebel 2015 and then upgraded to a 2017 - same color. Both trucks did not have the rambox.

I think it is personal preference and how you will utilize the bed. Are you willing to sacrifice the sq ft of space etc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 2015 two tone red/black WITH Ram boxes and will not buy another truck without them! They are very versatile. At first glance I can kinda understand the complaint about "giving up space" for the boxes, but that's really not the case.

In your bed WITHOUT boxes, put a 1/16th inch piece of sheet sheet metal standing vertical from the bed floor to the top of the bed rails and push it up against the fenders. That's your boxes. You'll see that the entire design of the boxes was to (BIG WORD COMING!!!) "compartmentalize" the space in front, behind, and on top of the wheel well. Then take these compartments and add a lock.

You ever dropped something over the bed rail either on the fender or just in front of them with the idea of "it'll stay there during my drive", only to have the items slide and bounce around the bed? Tow straps, tie downs, coke/beer can? With the ram boxes, these things stay put.

Right now, I have a small tool box, vinyl tie down straps, and a few baseballs in my ram boxes. These never leave the truck. Take away the boxes and those items would rattle around the bed and scratch it to ****. Not to mention how much it would suck to climb in and out of the bed to fish them out. I also use the boxes for stuff purchased in stores like groceries. I want to keep as much stuff AND food smells out of the cab! This is another plus for the boxes.

SO, looks can be deceiving. It looks like you are loosing space, but you're really not. Stay smart and Rebel on!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another vote for anything but silver. Sorry but that is the most boring color of car/truck around.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a rebel without the ram box, and my girlfriend has a rebel with the ram box. I can tell you that the ram boxes are great if you're using the truck as a car (like she does). She doesn't ever haul anything bigger than would fit in the trunk of an average sized sedan so it makes sense for her. I often load up 3 kayaks into the back of my rebel. When I tried to do that with hers there was no way they would fit. So yes, you do give up some room with the ram box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts