Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once bought a 2001 Nissan Frontier Supercharged 5 speed that was a crew cab, short bed truck. It came factory with a very functional and great looking aluminum, triple bar, tailgate extender. Have any of you investigate the for our stubby trucks and find something of high quality and appealing looks?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been looking for one myself. Oddly enough the Frontier's version is the one I always use as a mental reference when shopping for one. Havent seen one that nice yet. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the Mopar one, but I don't like how it comes out at an angle and cuts the corners of the tailgate off. The Frontier one came straight out and then made a tight radius 90 degree turn across the edge of the gate, making full use of all available tailgate. The Ram one comes out almost like an arrow head, I don't know why they did that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Researched them quite a bit. Ended up with an Amp Research HD Max. Got it from Auto Anything for the best price around.

Amp has a fixed price program out there so most discount codes do not work with them. I just did a chat session with them and they beat the best price i could find by 10%. There is also a 50$ rebate going on right now.

A bit of a bugger getting it to the right size but SUPER bonus that I wasn't expecting was that the per-existing dimples on the bed were the exact location the mounting brackets. Simple drill at 9/64th and buda-bing, done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.