Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once bought a 2001 Nissan Frontier Supercharged 5 speed that was a crew cab, short bed truck. It came factory with a very functional and great looking aluminum, triple bar, tailgate extender. Have any of you investigate the for our stubby trucks and find something of high quality and appealing looks?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been looking for one myself. Oddly enough the Frontier's version is the one I always use as a mental reference when shopping for one. Havent seen one that nice yet. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was considering the Mopar one, part number 82214148, the "RAM" looks a little cheesey tho, they certainly could have done better with that. Definitely looking for other opinions tho!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the Mopar one, but I don't like how it comes out at an angle and cuts the corners of the tailgate off. The Frontier one came straight out and then made a tight radius 90 degree turn across the edge of the gate, making full use of all available tailgate. The Ram one comes out almost like an arrow head, I don't know why they did that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found this one by Amp Research. They make it in both Black and Silver. Looks pretty decent.

It won't let me post links because of my post count, search for Amp Research BedXtender HD MAX

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the mopar ram bed extender. it works great for my use. Yes it does angle in as mentioned in earlier threads. you do lose small space because of it but for my purpose it works well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Researched them quite a bit. Ended up with an Amp Research HD Max. Got it from Auto Anything for the best price around.

Amp has a fixed price program out there so most discount codes do not work with them. I just did a chat session with them and they beat the best price i could find by 10%. There is also a 50$ rebate going on right now.

A bit of a bugger getting it to the right size but SUPER bonus that I wasn't expecting was that the per-existing dimples on the bed were the exact location the mounting brackets. Simple drill at 9/64th and buda-bing, done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts