Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
I got pulled over by a young cop once for tinted windows. I was in a factory-standard BMW 330 that I'd gotten used on the cheap. No additional tint had ever been applied. The guy danced around for 15 minutes telling me the law on tinted windows and telling me how I violated it. I had him open the car door and raise the window, and even loaned him a magnifying glass and a small screwdriver to try to scrape some of the alleged tint film I had allegedly applied. Not finding anything, HE STILL started to write me a ticket. I told him that I'd drive the same car to the courthouse and show it to the judge personally if he did that. He drove off in a huff eventually. All because he orignally caught glare off the window.... They're serious about it here and use any hint to help make revenue quotas.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got pulled over by a young cop once for tinted windows. I was in a factory-standard BMW 330 that I'd gotten used on the cheap. No additional tint had ever been applied. The guy danced around for 15 minutes telling me the law on tinted windows and telling me how I violated it. I had him open the car door and raise the window, and even loaned him a magnifying glass and a small screwdriver to try to scrape some of the alleged tint film I had allegedly applied. Not finding anything, HE STILL started to write me a ticket. I told him that I'd drive the same car to the courthouse and show it to the judge personally if he did that. He drove off in a huff eventually. All because he orignally caught glare off the window.... They're serious about it here and use any hint to help make revenue quotas.
I'm curious as to why you carry a magnifying glass with you.

167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never had a problem with the police (I've always had the windows tinted more than the legal limit). Hopefully my luck will hold out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts