Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ram introduced the Rebel TRX concept today and it's supposed to have a 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 engine that delivers 575 horsepower! Think Ram will just sell it to us as is? If nothing else, the red and black combo looks nice.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Nasty! Nothing like this will probably ever make it to production....it truly is unfortunate.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't know if I'm the only one that can't see the pictures, but I'll post one just in case .... ? 37-inch tires and 13 inches of suspension travel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Raptor Owner Here

Got to admit - This is the first real competition for my Raptor to come along ever!

You boyz and girls can give give me **** all ya want but Dodge may just have something here!

I'd love to see this concept become reality however am concerned that you'll be looking at a $95k + price tag equipped the way they've presented it...

I've joined to watch, listen and respond as necessary.

Thanx.

*** Mods - you have to cover my words with "****" for fear you might offend someone? Wow. Didn't know there were feelings to be hurt on these forums... ***

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the TRX production model does crank out 575 horsepower, that means it's making 125 more than the new SVT Raptor. Here's to hoping that Ram comes out with it but its future id dependent on the market. Doubt it'll be in the $95k + price range as that's just not a very competitive price.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would imagine the sticker on the TRX would be around 80k but with discounts you could drive off for around 60k. Sticker on my Rebel was 60k Canadian dollars and I drove away for 41k.

MSRP never reflects discounts or dealer incentives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new Raptor is supposed to be like $50k so I wouldn't mind shelling out maybe $60ish for the TRX ?
New Raptor fully loaded is $75k+

With this TRX and the way it shows - $95k wouldn't be out of the question - that's why I'm wondering if it'll ever make it out of concept stage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On the Ram Trucks Website, they are saying the TRX is upcoming in future vehicles.

You can also price out the new 2017 Rebels, etc. Looks like they are ALL going to be coming with the Rebel Instrument Cluster standard now.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any news/updates on this?
It has been a while - I've been scouring all over.
Any guesses as to current gen vs. next gen?
I hope it is something they throw together for the current gen as I do not want to wait for Next Gen. I'm not even a truck guy, but this Ram Rebel TRX caught my attention immediately.
Some things have happened since these initial announcements:
- The Demon came out with 840 horsepower (and a 8HP90 trans to handle it)
- The Trackhawk came out with 707 horsepower (and a 8HP95 trans and a Magna Powertrain 3015C transfer case to handle it - though, admittedly, it can do 4WD, but is primarily an on-road platform)

The TRX is still on the RamTrucks.com web site under "Upcoming Vehicles" and "Special Editions".
I did not find torque specs on the Borg-Warner 44-45 transfer case. I was surprised to see the Rebel TRX listed as having the 8HP70 trans, but now that the Demon and Trackhawk transmissions are in production, perhaps that bodes well for a 707 horsepower Hellcat Ram Rebel TRX? Or, maybe somewhere in between (there are still differentials and axles to beef up to handle the power and torque upgrade).

I was hoping for an announcement of some sort revealing hints pertaining to production green light (are they going to build it or not), release date, starting price, and production base/default configuration and options.
But, nothing so far beyond the initial press release.

Multiple sites anticipate a year end release and a start price of $55,000 - there is a lot of consistency on that, but no authoritative references.
Seems to me they would be sacrificing a fair amount of margin with the hopes of offsetting it by sales volume at that price. The lowest price Hellcat anything is the base model Challenger that starts at $64k. I did some comparing of naturally aspirated vs. supercharged 6.2L configurations to try to get an idea of the markup for the TRX over the standard Rebel. $10,000 is tight. The 6.2L SC gets about a $14,000 premium over the 6.4L N/A engine in the Challenger. With the Ram Rebel starting out at roughly $45k, that's pushing $60k for a start price - for a 1500 when the lowest price 3500 is below that.

I don't know - that thing is 30 flavors of awesome and I want one. That it's still on the website and the words "will" describe what appears to be an intentional future release is promising, but I wish they'd take a similar approach to the Demon and leave some crumbs every so often. Though, I did think that was somewhat corny and just wanted to get to the point, it beats the silence we're getting on this TRX. But, that could be because I am significantly more excited about the TRX than the Demon (haven't been into cars in forever and with all the speculation about an $85,000 start price when I need something that can tow a few thousand pounds and handle Michigan snowy winters, I had no serious interest in it).

Waiting is suffering.

This is not fun.
: (

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I saw online that they were shooting for a starting msrp around 55k. My guess would be it will still be pretty optioned out in that configuration to remain competitive with the Raptor. Also, it most likely won't look anything like the pictures we have seen. Probably the same body lines, similiar wheels but I can see them dropping the spare 2 wheels, wheel holder/head ache rack and other "fine details" to drop the production price.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts