Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that their Rebel pulls to the left when accelerating and right when decelerating, like when passing someone on a two lane road with full throttle, then letting off the throttle after passing? I am starting to think is because I have a open differential with the right wheel providing more pushing power.
I never had this issue with my 07 Ram that has a LSD. I am about ready to order a LSD this week if this is the fix. Thanks

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I don't have LSD in my Rebel and I don't have this issue. Might be something other than the rear diff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tried that in mine today as I was curious after reading your post. My truck is equipped with an LSD and there was no pulling either on acceleration or deceleration. Have owned many vehicles without LSD and never noticed any pulling on any of them, thinking it may be something else also. I have never had a LSD equipped vehicle before and we had a little snow the other day and have to say I think I am going to like the LSD.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I have an appointment with the dealer to check the front end alignment. I figure with only 3000 miles on the truck, they cant say I broke something. Hopefully it an alignment issue, because it is a hand full just going straight in normal ride position, and when it goes into areo it is really bad. Kind of feels like driving down the road with a 40 mph cross wind when going by a open field.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually took mine in today for the same issue, turned out my lower and upper rear control arm bushings had gone bad and needed replaced.
Hope this helps you :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
oilDriller. Thank you for the reply. I took the truck back to the dealer I purchased it from Tuesday, and after waiting for two hours, they said nothing was wrong with it, because they could not get it to pull. So I took the tech for a ride and showed him how it will change lanes when I hit the throttle. Well I left it there and they called today and said nothing was wrong with it.
I will be taking it to another dealer next week and have them check the arm bushings.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Actually took mine in today for the same issue, turned out my lower and upper rear control arm bushings had gone bad and needed replaced.
Hope this helps you :)
Just curious, what milage did you have on your truck when they needed to be replaced?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious, what milage did you have on your truck when they needed to be replaced?
Great question, I would like to know also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe it was around 29k when I first started noticing it, took it in about 4 times asking about it, and wasn't until about 38-40k they finally figured out what was really causing it to happen and fixed it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe it was around 29k when I first started noticing it, took it in about 4 times asking about it, and wasn't until about 38-40k they finally figured out what was really causing it to happen and fixed it.
Thanks for the information. I have an appointment at another dealer next week an I will have them check the bushings also.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well, I finally have the problem fixed. After I took the truck back to the dealer I purchased it from three times, and they kept saying nothing was wrong with it, I took it to another dealer, and they did a proper alignment on it that worked. Now the truck goes straight when going down the road, and stays in my lane under power.
I want to thank everyone who replied with answers for me to get this fixed.

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah there is that. I have a '14 Grand Cherokee that I always found was "darty" on the highway. Dealer said that is what they handled like. Had some work done recently at a service center and they did an alignment and now it handles much better. Go figure. Took me almost three years because that is "what they all handle like"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ridiculous, that. I'd be sending the first dealership a letter. Glad you're truck's back to "right."
Thank you. I contacted Chrysler care about this issue, and they stepped in first thing and contacted both dealerships to help me out. I received great customer service from Chrysler.

Reactions: johnj
1 - 16 of 16 Posts