Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just picked up my Rebel last weekend! I love it. I used to have a '12 2500 laramie diesel and I am liking this Rebel better. Very comfortable and has great power.

I've only had it for 500km and have done the following since today.

- Mopar Bars
- HD Flaps with black Ram logo
- BakFlip G2 tonneau cover
- K and N intake

Future Mods:

- Mag-Hytec Diff cover (double the fluid, great cooling ability, drain/fill plug and dip stick)
- HID's with anti-flicker module (diode dynamics)
- A tuner of some sort. Have to do more research. I'm used to tuning Subaru's, not Hemi's!
- Maybe different wheels (same size though)

Stay tuned and keep an eye on progress on instagram, "rroberto1"

Here's some pics of it so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I enjoy taking decent pictures and don't like posting not so great ones so you can expect more like that!

Just drove the Rebel to Jasper National park today and it was just amazing on the highway. Smooth and powerful.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Another Canuck! Congrats! And yes, I do a fair bit of highway driving Manitoba, the roads here are brutal and the truck is very smooth on the highway. And passing is almost my new favorite pastime with the 8speed trans!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another Canuck! Congrats! And yes, I do a fair bit of highway driving Manitoba, the roads here are brutal and the truck is very smooth on the highway. And passing is almost my new favorite pastime with the 8speed trans!
Thanks~! The Rebel performed beautifully this weekend in the mountains. you're right, passing power is effortless.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Had mine out in 6-9" of snow two weeks ago. Snowstorm that hit northern Illinois - found a couple of roads that hadn't been cleared yet, virgin snow. Had to try it out. 4 Hi, never needed to switch to 4 Lo. Moderate speeds of 25-40mph. Stayed between 3rd and 5th gear. Blew right through it all. Too tame. Tried to find deeper stuff but couldn't without going off road and I wasn't ready to do that at the time. I'm not into high speed snow driving. The Toyos have plenty of snipes in them and seem to get a pretty decent grip on the snow, nothing unexpected. That was all with an unloaded rear end. Snow was wet and really heavy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tires did fantastic! They were incredibly quiet on the highway and in the snow they performed very well. I have to say, the anti-spin rear end is worth its weight in gold. I only had to shift into 4wd once and it was because I came to a dead stop on a very steep and snow covered section of a parking lot. otherwise, a very good tire. Although, when they are in need of replacing I will likely replace them with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's. Those are incredible tires, a bit louder on the highway but very good in winter and offroad. I'll stick with the OEM size as well.

On another note, I averaged around 15L/100km on our trip. Best I saw was 14.4L/100km. Cruising at 120kph. Not too shabby. Passing power was amazing :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Those D557's will look killer and out of the two, are my favorite.

Starting to think about what different finished they could be in that might better suit the Rebel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts