Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a regular 1500 grill will fit in place of the Rebels? Really not huge on the grill one bit, would prefer blacked out crosshairs instead...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I like the grille enough that i wouldn't touch it, if anything i might add bull bars for extra aggressiveness although my needs for it would be minimal if any.
Its just too look at ME IMO... wouldn't mind a brush bar either now that you mention it ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I really like the Ram Rebel grille. I think it could look better if the Ram letters were blacked out as well.

Totally agreed that the Laramie grille is terrible though. Yuck.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I actually like the grille with the RAM lettering in that finish. Plus it's easy enough to black out on your own if that's something you want to do.
some tint film, vinyl wrap or even plasti dip

·
Registered
510 Posts
The Ram Rebel grille is cool, but the Laramie is terrible. I really think that will be seen as a mistake in retrospect. The Laramie is just too much chrome.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Ram Rebel grille is cool, but the Laramie is terrible. I really think that will be seen as a mistake in retrospect. The Laramie is just too much chrome.
too much chrome for you... unfortunately there is no chrome to paint index that we can consult as to when we've crossed the 'too much' threshold... The fact that they added MORE chrome to the Laramie would indicate that research is telling them consumers in that bracket want MORE chrome..not less...

·
Registered
510 Posts
too much chrome for you... unfortunately there is no chrome to paint index that we can consult as to when we've crossed the 'too much' threshold... The fact that they added MORE chrome to the Laramie would indicate that research is telling them consumers in that bracket want MORE chrome..not less...
Well, good for them if that is the case. For me, I don't like it.

Obviously from what we see on the Ram Rebel, other research that they have done have told them that some people don't like chrome.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Americans do love their chrome after all :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can i put a Rebel Grill on a Ram 1500 Black Sport?

Thanks,
no, you'd have to change more than the grill. rebels have plastic under the headlights, and the bottom corners of the grill are different. So then you'd have to change bumper as well.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Does that make it considerably more difficult to do the swap? Or is it a matter of chopping things so they fit together etc...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Does that make it considerably more difficult to do the swap? Or is it a matter of chopping things so they fit together etc...
if he bought the grill and cut the corners to the same angle as his sport then it may work. but, you'd be cutting up a $400 grill.

is it grill or grille. i feel like making hamburgers on a grill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Appreciate the response, would love to know if anyone has tried to swap out the grille and bumper. Also, any rumors or plans for RAM to make an all blacked out Rebel? Not a huge fan of the red accents inside....would love a black on black option. Thx!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Appreciate the response, would love to know if anyone has tried to swap out the grille and bumper. Also, any rumors or plans for RAM to make an all blacked out Rebel? Not a huge fan of the red accents inside....would love a black on black option. Thx!
Why get a Rebel, then? You can get a cheaper trim model and start adding the mods you want. It's incredibly dumb to buy a Rebel trim model and then get rid of all the Rebel trim.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts