Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just picked up my new Rebel last week. I'm replacing the truck that I use to travel back and forth to the shooting range. (I'm out there teaching every week):)

Truck upgrades to date: hood black out, two tone black bottom stripe, on order Leer Cap, and DECKED bed organizer.

RLTW
John

·
Registered
555 Posts
In for seeing and hearing more about that gun collection. What guns do you own and how do you go about transporting it? Always wanted to get an AR15 :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No because I'm putting a Leer Cap with lockable DECKED bed vault in the bed.

I'm a 3 gun competitor and long range precision shooter as well as CCW and LE Instructor so I carry all kinds of guns and targets to the range every day.

Once I have it all together Ill post pictures.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been out to the range setting up for the weekend 3 Gun match, here are my first impressions of driving 50 miles of dirt washboard roads in the new Rebel:
1. Drives much better than my last range truck: A 2001 Tacoma with a 2 inch Toy Tec Lift.
2. Does not drive as good as my 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
3. Cant wait to do my link mod and see how it handles the washboards
4. My Dutch Shepard cant wait for the Leer to get in, he hates riding in his kennel, hes having flashback of his working days.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not at all fit like a glove. Im waiting for the DECKED bed organizer to come in. So far with the LEER, Dee Zee tail gate assist Im happier than a pig in mud. The Dog and Guns will have a nice secure ride to the range.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you order the truck 2-tone or have the black added after the purchase?

Ryan
Had it painted by the dealer at time of purchase. Another dealer in town had a two tone but no tow package so I used them as a haggling tool to get what I wanted. If you notice its flat not gloss like the factory paint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had it painted by the dealer at time of purchase. Another dealer in town had a two tone but no tow package so I used them as a haggling tool to get what I wanted. If you notice its flat not gloss like the factory paint.
Looks good. My Ram is a single tone and thinking about adding the black. If you don't mind me asking, what did the dealer charge for the paint job?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Some guys even wrap instead of getting paint, just something to put out on here since it's a very good option, easy to undo and even easy enough to install. Plus our rigs being new makes this the perfect time to wrap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts