Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had about 920 miles on my 2015 Rebel when a passenger rolled the rear passenger-side window down and it got stuck that way. It didn't matter if you tried rolling it up with the driver's door control or the one on the door in question; neither would raise the window. You couldn't even hear any click like it was trying. I removed the door panel and window motor.

I was able to use the motor as a wrench to manually roll the window up a tiny bit at a time while pushing against it with my other hand so that it didn't fall back down when removing the motor to rotate it so I could give it another turn since there's not enough clearance to simply continuously crank.

I brought it to the dealer. They diagnosed it to be a faulty motor and had to order a new one. I was out of the state when this happened to me but when I got home I used a multimeter to try and measure voltage going to the motor by disconnected the harness when the button was pressed. I never got a reading. I assumed this meant there was no voltage going to the motor but they told me the motor was bad. Maybe they replaced more than what they said they did.

Anyway I was just a little shocked this happened since I had zero problems with my 2010 1500 the entire five years I owned it aside from the tie rod end recall that they had to do, twice.

·
Registered
660 Posts
40+ years of electonics and electrical experience speaking: if an electronic component is going to fail from some internal manufacturing flaw, it will *most likely* fail in the first 1-6 months of use. Otherwise, it's probably going to last 5 years minimum. Flaw could be a minute impurity in a tiny wire winding on the motor, to nearly anything else you could think up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts