Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
well see what ford does with the F150 diesel wise... maybe the 5 cylinder in the transit? would be great for fuel econ if theyre looking to play that game...

·
Registered
462 Posts
With the success, volume and distribution that Ford has, i'm actually quite excited to see how things will go for them with the F150 diesel.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Since the ram ecodiesel did so well I imagine the ford will do even better. It's not a matter of if it will be successful, it's a matter of how successful it will be.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Since the ram ecodiesel did so well I imagine the ford will do even better. It's not a matter of if it will be successful, it's a matter of how successful it will be.
comparing sales stats with the both of them will be fun to look at, see how quickly ford gains momentum and how much more than RAM

·
Registered
510 Posts
comparing sales stats with the both of them will be fun to look at, see how quickly ford gains momentum and how much more than RAM
Yea Ram has the advantage because it was first to come out. It will be interesting to see how much that advantage can fend off Ford. Unless Ford makes some kind of terrible mistake, it will overtake Ram though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I don't see it as an advantage, they just had a head start.
It's all about how things go in the long term.

What each truck maker does to each truck is what'll give them the advantage.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't see it as an advantage, they just had a head start.
It's all about how things go in the long term.

What each truck maker does to each truck is what'll give them the advantage.
Obviously the quality of each truck will be the main factor in each truck's success, but I do think that Ram has a slight advantage because of it coming out first. It is the first diesel midsize pickup on the market and gets great fuel mileage. It already has that reputation so now Ford will have to outdo it in order to take away from the reputation that Ram has been building for the last while.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Obviously the quality of each truck will be the main factor in each truck's success, but I do think that Ram has a slight advantage because of it coming out first. It is the first diesel midsize pickup on the market and gets great fuel mileage. It already has that reputation so now Ford will have to outdo it in order to take away from the reputation that Ram has been building for the last while.
Never said anything about quality.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Never said anything about quality.
You said: "What each truck maker does to each truck is what'll give them the advantage."

That's what I was referring to. And I was just trying to say that each truck will be judged on its merits in the end. I think that is what you were saying as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aluminium plus diesel will be interesting. its interesting though because pickups aren't subject to CAFE right, or less stringently of course, so they try and get people out of other cars and into pickups because there is less impact on their CAFE ratings from a model percentage standpoint. I find it fascinating how they all try and game the system

1 - 12 of 12 Posts